Offer rounds (1 Viewer)

Deadinside

HSC
N/A
can i be accepted into a degree if it’s my second choice? if i get into one of the unis can I still accept it and wait for the other offers to come out? How does this work I’m so confused

specificagent1

HSC
you can accept an offer and dont enrol and can continue to get future offers. Each offer round they will consider your preference from top down and give you an offer in that order if applicable

Last edited:

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Additionally, it is highly likely that you will not be considered for the degree that you've set as your second choice if you end up receiving an offer for your first choice degree. Consider the following example:

1632574984776.png

specificagent1

HSC
Additionally, it is highly likely that you will not be considered for the degree that you've set as your second choice if you end up receiving an offer for your first choice degree. Consider the following example:

View attachment 32298
yes this is true, but you can change your preference around by putting the course you received an offer for lower or completely remove it and potentially receive further offers in future rounds

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
yes this is true, but you can change your preference around by putting the course you received an offer for lower or completely remove it and potentially receive further offers in future rounds
Does UNSW do these early offers? or just gateway and SRS applications?

SweatyAsian#1

HSC
If I receive an offer for my first preference in the first round, can I hold onto that offer by placing it lower on my preference list and then I can receive 2 offers now or you are only allowed 1 offer and you have to decline for another?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
If I receive an offer for my first preference in the first round, can I hold onto that offer by placing it lower on my preference list and then I can receive 2 offers now or you are only allowed 1 offer and you have to decline for another?
You may hold onto multiple offers. You can adjust your preference list at any time (except when around the offers release dates), meaning that you can definitely place the course you received an offer for lower on your preference list, allowing you to place another degree higher and potentially receive another offer.

SweatyAsian#1

HSC
You may hold onto multiple offers. You can adjust your preference list at any time (except when around the offers release dates), meaning that you can definitely place the course you received an offer for lower on your preference list, allowing you to place another degree higher and potentially receive another offer.
If I receive a conditional offer for a minimum atar or something on my first priority on 1st round, will the condition ease to a lower atar on the 2nd round if I keep it as my first priority or is it just wasting another offer from being received?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
If I receive a conditional offer for a minimum atar or something on my first priority on 1st round, will the condition ease to a lower atar on the 2nd round if I keep it as my first priority or is it just wasting another offer from being received?
Generally speaking, conditional offers require you to achieve an ATAR superior to what is specified. As far as I know, this academic requirement remains the same and doesn't change depending on the round. There is also the requirement that you keep the course for which you received a conditional offer as your first preference if you wish to receive to be admitted into this course.

SweatyAsian#1

HSC
Generally speaking, conditional offers require you to achieve an ATAR superior to what is specified. As far as I know, this academic requirement remains the same and doesn't change depending on the round. There is also the requirement that you keep the course for which you received a conditional offer as your first preference if you wish to receive to be admitted into this course.
Oh, so it's better to just keep the offer I have for the desired University and uni course I want instead of risking it for more offers?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh, so it's better to just keep the offer I have for the desired University and uni course I want instead of risking it for more offers?
If the degree you received a conditional offer for is your dream degree, it would be better to keep it on top (provided the conditions I mentioned above apply) in order to maximise your chances of receiving an offer for that degree.

If you don't mind studying any degree/don't have a dream degree, you will probably not want to follow this approach, but instead ensure that you receive offers, by adjusting your preference list, possibly multiple times if needed. Of course, that depends on you and your interests.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)