• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Official E³ Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

A z T e X

HSC
Okay, keep all E³ related stuffs in here.

What are you guys/girls looking forward to the most?

Personally i'm loooking forward to any announcement relating the HL2 and the Nintendo Wii!

I know i will be pleased! especially with Miyamoto teasing us with his "there is one more HUGE thing to be announced"

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
i am looking forward to the new battlefield stuff, iam not sure if they are even gonna show it cause its still early days, but if they do it will be pretty awesome [ note tot he uninformed: next installment of battlefield 2, set in the future]

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
The announcement of Final Fantasy XIII was completely out of Left Field.

I liked it. :)

Collin

HSC
N/A
Crysis - The new CryENGINE looks fucking amazing, to say the least. Bring on the DX10 video cards.

Supreme Commander - A 'spiritual' sequel to Total Annihilation, one of the greatest RTS ever.

I'm also keeping my eye on Battlefield 2142, although I can't say I'm overly excited about the concept of taking the Battlefield franchise out of it's more history-oriented base.

Spore - Finally, something innovative. I have a feeling though that this is gonna be one of those quit-job, dump-gf, screw-social-life games like Civ and WoW where it's super addictive and gaming sessions are usually pushed exorbitantly long, so I might end up avoiding it regardless of how good the game turns out.

Unreal Tournament 2007 - I'm fairly keen on the Unreal 3 engine.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
20 years of console gaming history on one console
The Wii controller
Zelda:Twilight Princess
Metroid3: Corruptions
Super Smash Bros Brawl

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning (hopefully followed by Warhammer 40K)
Fable 2
Gears of War
Turok
Winning Eleven: ProEvo Soccer 2007
The Microsoft 'Anywhere' program

Metal Gear Solid 4

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Crysis looks fantastic.

Thoroughly unimpressed with Halo 3 trailer.

WoW expansion looks awesome.

</comments>

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I downloaded some stuff from the Xbox Live marketplace
-I was vowed by dead rising, funnily enough.
-Splinter Cell trailer was gread
-Played the demo of Moto GP. Bloody amazing graphics, squint and it's real.
-Test Drive Unlimited demo impressed me beyond belief. You pull out of your garage to go to a challenge and the traffic around you are real online people.
-Lost Planet demo: graphics are just divine. 'Wow-worthy'. Often I was thinking: wtf, how is this real-time. i cant believe im actually playing this at 30fps
-Table Tennis: may have to get this, since its cheap.
-2kgames: unimpressed. look very similar to the last ones on the 360 (although the ign preview claims otherwise).
-Halo 3: it's all real-time so it was rather impressive. i think the goal of the demo wasnt for me to go 'zomg. hawt gameplay' but rather holy crap i cant wait to play it. the suspense is killing me
******-Rainbow Six: Vegas - i saw a cam thingo. It starts off and im thinking 'oh great, more CG *yawn* as theyre flying in a helicopter and talking. Then all of a sudden the guy gets out of the helicopter and is being controlled. I was like wtf? That's nuts. Even sexier looking than GRAW. Can't wait for this game.
-Fable 2: please give me a non-cg trailer next time. kthxbi.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Crysis screenshots make this this best looking game i have ever seen...absolutely amazing, near photorealistic images

Collin

HSC
N/A
The screens are in-game, albeit at very high quality settings.

Since DX10 video cards aren't out yet, the screens we see here are effectively a DX9 machine "simulating" DX10 by brute force, and it looks amazing. This game will be a killer for a Vista/Intel Conroe/DX10 video card/3-4GB RAM. Too bad Microsoft had to push Vista's release into 07' when this game is due out before then.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
AsyLum said:
20 years of console gaming history on one console
The Wii controller
Zelda:Twilight Princess
Metroid3: Corruptions
Super Smash Bros Brawl
And Super Mario Galaxy :uhhuh:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Looking forward to the Wii with Zelda TP and Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but it's still quite a long while away before they're releasing the console.

Reshie

LilRed Spikey Haired Man
HSC
normally i never buy consoles when they first come out or buy consoles
but Nintendos Wii im convinced im going to buy it
check out last weeks's icon...had a good article about the Nintendo Wii and price range i heard from the newspaper was $299 ps3 i think[I THINK] is around $799

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
politik said:
Not to be pedantic, but it's probably that cheap because it doesn't match up to the 360/ps3 in terms of features. Actually it doesn't - considering the ps3 has blu-ray support, and the 360 hd-dvd.
And by the time it's been out for six months neither will match up to a PC's features. What's your point?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)