Official Question 2 Thread - Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

psycho_mushy

HSC
this section wasn't too bad though once I again I doubt whether my idea was unique becuase it was really more of going around in circles... I was really annoyed at myself...

I can't really say much about this section aside from the fact that I did the wedding photo one... that seemed easier to write and explain...

I ended with something like "to remind me always that change takes place I added a caption to the photo "Pictures of Change"

pretty corny... but it got the job done...

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Oh GOsh, Section two was a total disaster!!

It was the last section that I did, and I kinda, forgot about the question half way through and didn't really relate it back to change. How could I stuff it up so badly! :chainsaw:

Okay, everyone, tells me if I have related it to change (even if it's vaguely).

I chose the bushfire thing. I wrote a persona observing the fire from her room. I didn't go deeply into it but I vaguely mentioned that the neighbours have already moved out to the city because of the annual bushfire. and that was like the only change that I've mentioned. crap crap crap!!!! :chainsaw:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Hehe yeah I did this last and only ended up with 4 pages.....oops!! But yeah I thought the phone with the pictures was pretty inventive of them, and the task wasn't really hard or anything (better than having no stimulus). I did the wedding picture one (which I didn't want to do cos I think the majority of people will do that one) but I concentrated on how a smile masks change, and how everyone exerperiences change but it all gets covered up with a smile.

I don't think I did very well, and I was disapointed cos I killed this question in the trial.

But overall it was a very fair question.

Mathematician

I hated this too. I accidently used more than one image even though it was clear , indicated by ONE.

Like i started saying some shit for a paragraph and then said something like david(my imaginary character) didnt respect anyone and had an immature attitude to life. That the world was against him... He burned up the bush..
Family sent him to psycholigist for counseling... told him to take a trip somewhere(plane pic) and gave him simple instructions. While visiting the new place try to listen to peoples conversations and problems so as to consider people around him. Had a tremendous effect on him coming back. Bacame aware of how respect is earned from people... 20 years later family looks back at how he changed into an optimistic person from a pessimist and this led him to being succefull( Makes sense of celebration picture). I demonstarted change by time and maturity.

Well i ended it with that pic so am i safe? who says i cant add plane in part of story and bush. If they we're not there could I? thats stupid.

AM I GOING TO FAIL THIS SECTION??? I know my 2.3 page response wasnt as good as others(couldnt add .... in story) but will i get hammered bad???

Last edited:

s2ophie

HSC
I don't think i did THAT badly in this one. i did the bushfire one and wrote from the perspective of a koal who loses his home in the fire and has to go to his grandparents home and then they return!

Odd but i hope it got the job done

anastabation

I was writting in a reflective tone, talking of how I had moved from sydney to the country. I then went all detailed about how peaceful it was. Infact, I went so over board with similes, metaphores ect that I'm glad the examiner doesn't know my name! lol

Only wrote 3 pages but I felt it was quality.

SXC_DRAGON_BOY

Been A While
HSC
Originally posted by crazylilmonkee
omfg
screwed it up
soo pissed off with myself
ur not the only one....
all i write about was how i cheated death and now wanna take my chances with everything... finished off with me gonna go rock climbing... only 3 pages.

im so screwed and not happy with my performance... but i dont care, hsc doesnt affect my early entry into UOW...
well i hope not.
*runs to the corner of the room, sits down all crouched up scared*
section 2 was the only i could have improved in. everything else should be aight, well i hope:confused:

bjMaxx

i only wrote four pages for this one - not too happy. but overall, i think it was an ok response.
did anyone else think that the couple in the wedding photo looked absolutely ridiculous? it was like a scene from neighbours!
...and i hate it when bos tries to be trendy - like "oooh a mobile phone, that's just sooooo coool"

Benno

HSC
i spoke about technology

i used an image inside an image with the phone having a picture of a plane on it, i discussed the changes in technology and the differences between the 2 technologys, how one changed socity slowly (Plane) and one sudden (mobil phone)
i thought i could get away with discussing 2 images since one image was inside another image ;)

what do u guys think?

keepin_sanity

I left this section till last and had only a little under half an hour to write it...sigh...
I used the rock climbing one...used it as a kind of metaphor - you know, seeking change is like climbing a mountain...tehehe!!! It was so stupid, i nearly laughed out loud when writing it...and I only wrote 4 pages. Oh well, maybe I wentOK in the other two sections and it will all level out (*crosses fingers*)

Good Luck for Wednesday everybody!

ak47

HSC
i wrote about the wedding pic, and how i changed from being a homeless dero in Indonesia to a happy bloke in Australia married to that chick, it was really pathetic, 4 pages. Ill be lucky to get 6/15 i'd say

frenchy

I chose the wedding pic... i left it last so i had about 25mins to do it in.. i wrote about a abusive relationship but i didnt really go into much detail about change, 4 1/2 pages.
Ah wellz, im happy they chose something as simple as a story for the question. :)

Last edited:

LeesY

well i think i did alright with section 2
wait..are you meant to discuss the title within the story aswell like the "picture of change??
i didnt mention any of that because i chose the guy on the rock...and his experiences etc.
hmm
well i didnt finish section 3...meaning i probably lose marks there.
ahh buggerz
i rambled too much on my prescribed when n i only did one related material
blahhhhhhhhhhhh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)