Officially enrolled USyd'er... but wanna change units! (1 Viewer)

darkroomgirl

HSC
Okay fine, I know I was being really stupid when I picked Latin 1.1, considering that it's got FOUR lectures in a week plus a tutorial. I really wanna change it to something else... maybe Reality, Ethics and Beauty or even an Ancient History subject. Does anyone know how I could do this? Some people have advised me to log on to MyUni but it doesn't seem to allow me to change my units. Someone help... I really wanna fix this before uni starts.

seraphyte

HSC
darkroomgirl said:
Okay fine, I know I was being really stupid when I picked Latin 1.1, considering that it's got FOUR lectures in a week plus a tutorial. I really wanna change it to something else... maybe Reality, Ethics and Beauty or even an Ancient History subject. Does anyone know how I could do this? Some people have advised me to log on to MyUni but it doesn't seem to allow me to change my units. Someone help... I really wanna fix this before uni starts.
http://ssa.usyd.edu.au/ssa/

Although it isn't working yet

...At least, I'm pretty sure it's that.

manifestation

What?!
HSC
Yeah you can change your units but after the 15th of Feb until March. So you won't be able to change it until the 15th of Feb.

You do long onto Myuni but like I said you won't be able to change it until the 15th. Hope that helps.

darkroomgirl

HSC
I wanted to do a totally useless subject, which is why I picked Latin... my English teacher did it and he said it was completely pointless, except if you wanted to sound extremely smart. For a "useless" subject it sure has a whole lot of lectures.

I'm tossing up between Classical Mythology, an Ancient History subject and Philosophy... hmmm...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
wait, why would you just do a useless subject? what's the point, if it doesn't benefit you in any way?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
darkroomgirl said:
Oh have a fucking cry. My average subject has a 3-4 hours of labs, 3 hours of lectures and a 1 hour tute.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
DOnt choose your units on the number of lectures they have. Thats silly. Picks things that you actually are interested in.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Rafy said:
DOnt choose your units on the number of lectures they have. Thats silly. Picks things that you actually ae interested in.
What he said, but replace "silly" with "fucking moronic".

SweetSeasons

HSC
darkroomgirl said:
I wanted to do a totally useless subject, which is why I picked Latin... my English teacher did it and he said it was completely pointless, except if you wanted to sound extremely smart. For a "useless" subject it sure has a whole lot of lectures.

I'm tossing up between Classical Mythology, an Ancient History subject and Philosophy... hmmm...

I guess some people like having to pay a pointless hecs bill

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
darkroomgirl said:
I'm just thinking of balancing uni with a job as well, not to mention church ministry... so maybe that's why I got worried about the 4 lectures.
Go to the "Does God Exist?" thread with an open mind and that will fix one of your problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)