Oh My God Stop Waxing and Shaving Now! (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Oh. my. god.

I recently bought an epilator from Myer. This deserves its own thread from its sheer goodness. You know how when you buy like a bra or a pair of jeans and theyre just so FRIKIN GOOD that you need to share this awesomeness around? This is what it is. You don't understand. Epilators are effing awesome. Basically what it is is a rotating device with small 24 carat gold tweezers that catch hairs as short as 0.5cm (my model does anyway). You just use it like a razor.

The brand and model I got is Emjoi Bodybare Ultimate. There's a few different Emjoi ones but I bought the most pricey there.... Myer's having a sale so you get 10% off. So it ended up only $125.

If you're lazy and you can't be bothered shaving all the time and find waxing just a tad too messy or unreliable, go invest yourself in an epilator. They're awesome. They cost anything from $70-$150.

I realise that some people have different pain thresholds or have different reactions in the whole "pluck" sensation. It doesn't hurt for me at all. Sometimes I get a tingle, but that's really all there is. A tingling feeling. Get a pair of tweezers and pluck a hair off your leg and if it doesn't hurt, the epilator is for you.

Its been like 2 weeks and I had forgotten I epilated my legs. I wore a summer dress today, felt my legs and they're still so sexy smooth! Seriously guys, I hate shaving and waxing. Hate it with a passion. I've even made threads about it in the past and really begged for alternatives. This is so awesome. I know this sounds like an ad but I love it as much as I love my ghd and ipod!

Get one. No seriously. You'll love it.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
I once had my arm epilated. I was the test subject for a friends new epilator. It didn't really hurt.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Does it matter how sparse and fine your hairs are?

Waxing my legs doesn't work cause they're so goddamn fine and I hate shaving. I wouldn't mind trying it but I don't know if I want to fork out that much and have it not work.

PrettyVacant

HSC
Holy crap! I have to agree with you on that one! I have the exact same epilator. I was so freaked out about using it the first time 'cause it made this loud vibrating noise and the little tweezery thingys were chomping up and down and looked kinda evil. It's the one with the cool massaging heads, right? Yeah. That's awesome.

Epilators rock! Don't forget to exfoliate though. Ingrown hairs are a bitch. And exfoliating makes your skin smoother, so do it especially if you're prone to scaly looking skin that's kinda dry. Exfoliate and moisturise for hawt legs!

Oh and about the sparseness...it doesn't really matter. Go up and down your legs a couple of times and all the hairs will be gone. If you've missed a spot, just go over it again. It's pretty effective. Even on short hairs, apparently the hairs only need to be about half a millimetre long so you don't need to wait for regrowth, unlike waxing...which is so passe. :D

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Yes its the massaging heads one! I love it! Yeah i got scared too. I put it on the slow speed first because I was totally intimidated.

Yah I bought sexy mango smelling exfoliating stuff from the Body Shop today. I loofah it up big time. Seriously I love my legs now and I love this epilator thing!

I think PrettyVacant's right. I go over places where I've already epilated and there are no hairs to be seen, and after that it feels smoother, so it must be getting fine hairs that I can't even see!

<3 love it sooo much

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
:/

My epilator pamphlet says clearly not to use it on the face.

Imagine plucking the hairs on your face instead of shaving. Tears swelling much? (if this is nick and not lauren)

EDIT: And yeah is that Lauren? :p

HSC
Epilators do work really really REALLY well, but its really painful for me, I can't stand it!

I've tried an Emjoi epilator for under my arms, not sure which model, a couple of times, but nope, the pain's too bad. :(
ur_inner_child said:
Get a pair of tweezers and pluck a hair off your leg and if it doesn't hurt, the epilator is for you.
I failed that test lol.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
i epilate under my arms but for some reason i am too scared to use it on my legs, even though legs are apparently less painful than under your arms. :confused:

anyway, i agree that they are very good.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Haha, sounds fun. :D

Without trying to sound mischievous :p, can I assume that "Ur_Inner_Child" and "PrettyVacant" have brazilian's? Yes?

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
I have the same one, but I don't use it on my legs, only my underarms and bikini line.

For my legs I use this lavender depilatory wax which lasts longer than epilating because the hairs on my legs are really fine and break off instead of pull out.

But I think my case is rare.

On topic: epilators are awesome.

kaylz

HSC
thanks uic... I've been meaning to buy one for a while and now I'm going to do it on thursday!

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
AlleyCat said:
I have the same one, but I don't use it on my legs, only my underarms and bikini line.

For my legs I use this lavender depilatory wax which lasts longer than epilating because the hairs on my legs are really fine and break off instead of pull out.

But I think my case is rare.

On topic: epilators are awesome.
The same thing happens to me, waxing's just pointless because it gets maybe a third of the hairs.

But I'm also scared of depilatory creams.

mizosoup

HSC
Do you get a lot of ingrowns from epilating tho? I'm too lazy to use scrubs....

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
mizosoup said:
Do you get a lot of ingrowns from epilating tho? I'm too lazy to use scrubs....
you can get ingrowns whether you shave/wax/epilate, its just what happens when you screw around with hair.

Just use this when you shower or bathe...

^You don't even have to use stupid scented sandy stuff like I choose to if you use that.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
you can get ingrowns whether you shave/wax/epilate, its just what happens when you screw around with hair.

Just use this when you shower or bathe...

^You don't even have to use stupid scented sandy stuff like I choose to if you use that.
I bet you have smooth legs. :eek: :eek:

On another note. Lol, look what I did to the Internet.

Skeeta

HSC
i want i want

Only in the past few weeks have i heard of the awesomeness of these things.

I might ask for one for xmas :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)