Oh My God Stop Waxing and Shaving Now! (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
Joined
Nov 7, 2004
Messages
3,820
Gender
Female
HSC
2005
Hmm this might be a good idea for summer, when I can't wait four weeks to get my legs waxed (skirts and shorts must be worn all the time, not just for a week after waxing).

Might get one, especially if they're cheap. How long does it take to do legs?
 

melimoo

knows how to rave
Joined
Nov 12, 2004
Messages
43
Location
in the Carlos D.vision
Gender
Female
HSC
2005
wow sounds pretty good.
it basically replaces my waxer. on account of it removes hair and massages (but i do love my waxer lady)
except i dont have to make crappy small talk with an epilator. winner
im afraid of waxing/epilating/whatever underarms. a friend of mine got a hectic ingrown hair which turned into a massive huge cyst which had to be cut out
it was gross
 

stayfly

Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
31
Gender
Male
HSC
2000
i'ma guy who likes having a smooth, hairless body but i've found shaving to be not very effective (the har grows back to quickly) and waxing to be too painfull.

this epilator sounds good - can it be used on most parts of the body?
 

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
Joined
Nov 7, 2004
Messages
3,820
Gender
Female
HSC
2005
melimoo said:
wow sounds pretty good.
it basically replaces my waxer. on account of it removes hair and massages (but i do love my waxer lady)
except i dont have to make crappy small talk with an epilator. winner
Yeah I love my waxer lady too. I guess I'd still go to her so she could shape my eyebrows properly.

I'm getting more and more tempted the more I think about it.
 
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
7,987
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
N/A
I have heard so many good things about the effectiveness of epilators, unfortunately my pain threshold is barely high enough to take waxing, let alone an epilator :( muchos envy
 

PrettyVacant

Active Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2004
Messages
1,003
Gender
Female
HSC
2008
ur_inner_child said:
you can get ingrowns whether you shave/wax/epilate, its just what happens when you screw around with hair.

Just use this when you shower or bathe...



^You don't even have to use stupid scented sandy stuff like I choose to if you use that.
Yeah, those come with the epilator :D
 

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
Joined
Mar 13, 2005
Messages
2,376
Location
Sydney/Bathurst
Gender
Female
HSC
2005
stayfly said:
i'ma guy who likes having a smooth, hairless body but i've found shaving to be not very effective (the har grows back to quickly) and waxing to be too painfull.

this epilator sounds good - can it be used on most parts of the body?
Epliating is a lot more painful than waxing.

Tulipa, it's not depilatory CREAM, its depilatory WAX, which is basically wax that you don't need cotton strips with, as the wax hardens and you pull it off.

It's the only thing that can get my hair out from the roots, and it lasts over 5 weeks.
 

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
6,084
Gender
Female
HSC
2004
scarybunny said:
Hmm this might be a good idea for summer, when I can't wait four weeks to get my legs waxed (skirts and shorts must be worn all the time, not just for a week after waxing).

Might get one, especially if they're cheap. How long does it take to do legs?
A while, but not too long. 15 minutes perhaps?

But then again that's because for me it literally does NOT feel like anything.
 

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
Joined
Nov 15, 2004
Messages
1,923
Location
to the left, a little below the right and right in
Gender
Female
HSC
2005
AlleyCat said:
Epliating is a lot more painful than waxing.

Tulipa, it's not depilatory CREAM, its depilatory WAX, which is basically wax that you don't need cotton strips with, as the wax hardens and you pull it off.

It's the only thing that can get my hair out from the roots, and it lasts over 5 weeks.
Oh yeah Ive done that. does jack shit. I wax the same spot on my legs four times and i still have hairs :(

I'm scared of pretty much all hair removal creams too.

Waxing has never hurt for me so I'm thinking epilating shouldn't be too bad.
 

withoutaface

Premium Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2004
Messages
15,098
Gender
Male
HSC
2004
nwatts said:
i used one once on my face

not going back

edit: was forced
Hahahahahaha I get enough pain shaving against the grain when I've left it for more than a week, I can't imagine epilating :S
 

Sam.

bored.
Joined
Jan 18, 2006
Messages
165
Location
offline
Gender
Female
HSC
2006
I love my epilator. It doesn't hurt as much as waxing (works a lot better too) and lasts way longer than shaving.
 

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
Joined
Nov 7, 2004
Messages
3,820
Gender
Female
HSC
2005
I just went out and bought one. Heh. It was the last straw- a hot day, and hairy legs because my waxing appointment is on saturday.
Good things-
* I get $20 back from Braun
* I have a 60 day trial period, so if it sucks I can return it

Woot woot for Shaver Shop!!
 

withoutaface

Premium Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2004
Messages
15,098
Gender
Male
HSC
2004
Did anyone else see the title of this thread and think Stef had turned into a bra burning feminazi?
 

*hopeful*

Active Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2003
Messages
2,777
Location
earth
Gender
Female
HSC
2003
i tried it a few times a couple of years ago and it hurt alot...but it is worth thinking about now, wish i could try it someplace
 

kaylz

Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2004
Messages
851
Gender
Undisclosed
HSC
2000
withoutaface said:
Did anyone else see the title of this thread and think Stef had turned into a bra burning feminazi?
yeah i thought she was all "say no to brazilians"
 

codydhu

AdherentFollower
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
90
Location
Port Macquarie
Gender
Male
HSC
2004
nwatts said:
i used one once on my face

not going back

edit: was forced
i tried using one on my face too, shaving used to give me acne. Its tolerable around your jaw, but never try using it on your upper lip.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top