"Oh no, I only got 89! I'm so stupid..." (1 Viewer)

Danoz The Great

HSC
Sorry to rant, but this attitude by a lot of you makes much more other people feel like shit.

You should all be very happy with your achievements, and 89 is an EXCELLENT mark.

I'm happy with mine, why be pessimistic? The HSC is OVER!

Last edited:

koukla

executive member... SMRT
HSC
sooooooooo agree!!!! all i see is omg i ony got 89 or 92 or sumthing! makes me think here comes UAI 50

littlebinzy

Dude, you show a complete lack of understanding. A good UAI is one that gets you into the course you want to do. Therefore an 89 is bad if you were set on a course that requires 90. In the same way, 75 can be awesome if you only want to get into a course that requires 70 or whatever.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Exactly, everyone sets different standards for themselves. What's crap for one person may be good for another, you can't really compare. As long as you're happy with what you got, and not worried about what anyone else got, that's all that really matters.

7th Sign

HSC
i feel like 89 is a shit mark in the subjects I did to score it...because they scale down...

I needed a 90 + in two of my subs and I get 80 in one and 89 in the other how cut am I, because if you get 90 + at my school you get on the board, and you also get in the papers.

sux...

nishkak

HSC
Dumsum said:
... and not worried about what anyone else got, that's all that really matters.
If people thought like that these forums wouldn't exist.. if it didn't matter what other people got we woudlnt have a thread with a few hundred replies each of which is a person shouting out their marks to a forum which probably nobody will ever read because they're too intersted in their own mark, and there are just too damn many of them.

krabby_me

Footy Fan (go cats)
HSC
I totally agree with you. I mean itsw alright if you say oh my god ill miss out on a course by 1 mark. But saying oh my god i shouldve got 98 instead of 97, well ur a bit greedy. Its very very hard work to get every single mark over about 88.
People should be more considerate, and maybe say i feel real bad for people whowent worse, but i really needed an extra mark.
You cant change your mark now.
Im calm and collective, i just think...mmm so i got that result i wonder what courses i can do.

Anthrax

HSC
N/A
i got 55 in exam mark for chem, to me thats fantastic

Danoz The Great

HSC
littlebinzy said:
Dude, you show a complete lack of understanding. A good UAI is one that gets you into the course you want to do. Therefore an 89 is bad if you were set on a course that requires 90. In the same way, 75 can be awesome if you only want to get into a course that requires 70 or whatever.
Dude, no I don't. :)
There are plenty of back doors into uni.
And I think it's rather rude to publicly shame your (excellent) mark when there are people who will obviously be disheartened by it because their marks will be lower.

People need to chill, lay back and really be thankful for their high marks and think of these options when the uni course offers are released.

nishkak said:
If people thought like that these forums wouldn't exist.. if it didn't matter what other people got we woudlnt have a thread with a few hundred replies each of which is a person shouting out their marks to a forum which probably nobody will ever read because they're too intersted in their own mark, and there are just too damn many of them.
You'll be surprised just how many people read through those posts. As well as members, there will be many guests reading it.

Danoz The Great

HSC
Anthrax said:
i got 55 in exam mark for chem, to me thats fantastic
That's excellent!
I did chem in year 11 and I must say that if I continued with chem (I dropped it at the start of year 12) I'd be stoked with 55 also. It is a very difficult subject.

zozo

i think you guys are missing the point...

if someone slogs their guts out all year and especially all holidays to get that 95% and they only get an 89... its a big letdown

im my opinion it all depends on how much work and effort you put in and also what you were expecting.

however... what u say is right... hsc is over yay.. no more can be done!

nwatts

HSC
The personal value of a mark is so relative. I got a 89 and was extremely disappointed. I would have been just as, if slightly less, disappointed with a 90. It was in a subject I expected upwards of 95 in. I am an extremely capable student in this area who unfortunately screwed my exam over in one particular section.

What zozo wrote above is entirely correct. When expectations are different, a mark of 89 can be an enourmous letdown. I know first hand that it was, and fellow students agree that I was capable of much more and deserved much more, but it wasn't to be.

beetle juice

I am so bloody overjoyed that the damnable HSC is OVER!!! It took all the courage l possessed to look at my results, which when l did l had to come to the conclusion that l did well, l mean its going to get me into the course l have set my sights on. The one fact that makes me feel a whole lot better is that the UAI (considering that you do get into a course at uni) isn't all that important, l was going to transfer if l had not gotten into my top preference. So l guess its not much of a big deal, l use to think it was but now l am feeling like an entire work load has been lifted off my shoulders and that l can proceed with life and exclude any suicide contemplation. But yeah always know that there are other options, and that the possibilities are endless. Good luck! ;)

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
I got 89 for economics, disappointed but my uai will be over 90+ (my aim) so i can't really complain. Fucking world of warcraft, i knew i shouldn't of played :)

Ice man

HSC
i get really bored of people telling me personally, not to worry about the hsc and my marks and my uai, u can do all these things and all these supposed back doors, but the one course i want, IT at newcastle needs a Uai to get in it when i want, there is no backdoor or other way forward, so it was dam important to me to get ova 75, and i am confident i did now anyway i used SAM and got 84 so its all good but.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
A guy in my grade was denied of his HSC because he didn't attend a maths exam. Yeah he tried to appeal but it failed.

I'm curious, whether his marks for other subjects can still play a role in affecting his class mate's marks. Now that he wont be included in the HSC.

krabby_me

Footy Fan (go cats)
HSC
A lot of people work really hard to get a really good result. However they always think i tried really hard and i want 95+. Maybe these people should think about how many people do the subject and whether it is actually a high chance.
If the chance is not high that you will get a certain result then maybe you should think, id love 95, but its not certain so dont have any expectations.
In this year i worked harder then i am willing to work at uni. However i did not work so hard that i would wear myself out.

A little fact in the paper this year was that most university dropouts had a UAI over 90. It shows that these people wore themsleves out. However premature their wearing out was, either by bad inherited sight, Wong language, or poor cultural awareness.

SaintCait

HSC
I know that i am guilty of this (complaining about 89..i got it in 3 subjects after all). I am honestly sorry for anyone that i have upset by what i have said. I do understand what you mean. I did, however, come on here to complain about missing out on band 6 by one mark because i know that if i complain to my friends they will be much more upset with there marks. Okay, it's not fair to do that to you guys either. Sorry.

P.S According to SAM (and last years UAI cut-off) i missed out on my uai requirement by .15! That sucks bad..but i'm so happy to get that close to it. I know what you mean about being happy with what you get because it's your work and your best.

Ice man

HSC
lol i think they dropped out because they cant handle the courses. Uais are meant to show whos smart and whos not, so they can be rocket scienetists or whatever, but if someone studies like non stop of course they will get a high uai, even with moderate courses like general. then they get to uni and do a really hard degree and they cant comprehend the course :)

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
dani_danoz said:
Sorry to rant, but this attitude by a lot of you makes much more other people feel like shit.

You should all be very happy with your achievements, and 89 is an EXCELLENT mark.

I'm happy with mine, why be pessimistic? The HSC is OVER!
Your rants mean nothing to me, and I shall bitch and bitch til BoS turns my two 89s into band 6ixes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)