on track for an 80+ ? (1 Viewer)

mannxv

HSC
hey, i previously posted here for an atar estimate but didn't include the relevant values:

my school rank is 400th

english std: 10/123
maths std: 12/84
bio: 26/43
legal: 10/32
design and tech: 5/7

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Your ranks in English Standard and Mathematics Standard seem favourable, meaning you are likely on track with your ATAR goal in terms of these 2 subjects. Your legal studies rank is also towards the upper end of your cohort, meaning the more concerning ranks are Biology and Design and Technology. Although an 80+ ATAR will likely not require band 6's (perhaps mostly band 5's), it would be good if you could also include how many students achieve a band 6 across your subjects. Given your school rank, I would assume not many people (if any) achieve band 6's across your subjects. Such information would also give an idea of how many people are also likely to achieve band 5's across your subjects, which is useful information because, as I mentioned, while band 6's maximise your chances of receiving a favourable ATAR, band 5's will likely be sufficient to achieve your ATAR goal.

Your focus should now be to perform to the best of your abilities in your upcoming HSC exams. This is particularly desirable for both Biology and Design and Technology. Good performance in the rest of your subjects would also maximise your chances of achieving an 80+ ATAR. The HSC exams are extremely important as they contribute 50% towards your final marks for each of your subjects, meaning that they constitute a great opportunity for you to make a significant difference and ultimately achieve your desired ATAR.

I hope this helps! :D

mannxv

HSC
Your ranks in English Standard and Mathematics Standard seem favourable, meaning you are likely on track with your ATAR goal in terms of these 2 subjects. Your legal studies rank is also towards the upper end of your cohort, meaning the more concerning ranks are Biology and Design and Technology. Although an 80+ ATAR will likely not require band 6's (perhaps mostly band 5's), it would be good if you could also include how many students achieve a band 6 across your subjects. Given your school rank, I would assume not many people (if any) achieve band 6's across your subjects. Such information would also give an idea of how many people are also likely to achieve band 5's across your subjects, which is useful information because, as I mentioned, while band 6's maximise your chances of receiving a favourable ATAR, band 5's will likely be sufficient to achieve your ATAR goal.

Your focus should now be to perform to the best of your abilities in your upcoming HSC exams. This is particularly desirable for both Biology and Design and Technology. Good performance in the rest of your subjects would also maximise your chances of achieving an 80+ ATAR. The HSC exams are extremely important as they contribute 50% towards your final marks for each of your subjects, meaning that they constitute a great opportunity for you to make a significant difference and ultimately achieve your desired ATAR.

I hope this helps! :D
last year there were 23 students who received a band6/e4 at my school.

you're a legend jimmy :) thanks for the word of advice !

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
last year there were 23 students who received a band6/e4 at my school.

you're a legend jimmy :) thanks for the word of advice !
This sounds promising, were any of those band 6's achieved in your subjects?

No worries! I'm happy to help! :D

mannxv

HSC
This sounds promising, were any of those band 6's achieved in your subjects?

No worries! I'm happy to help! :D
english std:
maths std: 3
bio: 2
legal:
design and tech:

in the period between 2016-2019 there have been some band 6s in the above not mentioned but numbers have slowly dwindled.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
english std:
maths std: 3
bio: 2
legal:
design and tech:

*in those subjects which do not have any band 6s last year, in the period between 2016-2019 there have been some but it has slowly declined.
Based on all of this information, you may likely be on your way towards a band 5 in Mathematics Standard (i.e. this is a more specific result we can predict). Regarding your other subjects (and even Mathematics Standard) and as I mentioned above, the HSC exams are an extremely valuable opportunity that you must capitalise on if you wish to maximise your chances of reaching an 80+ ATAR :)

mannxv

HSC
Based on all of this information, you may likely be on your way towards a band 5 in Mathematics Standard (i.e. this is a more specific result we can predict). Regarding your other subjects (and even Mathematics Standard) and as I mentioned above, the HSC exams are an extremely valuable opportunity that you must capitalise on if you wish to maximise your chances of reaching an 80+ ATAR :)
i have been spending more time on the subjects in which my rankings are subpar. hard work will pay off i guess ! thanks for your guidance.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
i have been spending more time on the subjects in which my rankings are subpar. hard work will pay off i guess ! thanks for your guidance.
Good strategy, I’m sure you will be satisfied with the outcome. Best of luck! 💯

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)