hey guys! the title says it all :eek:
my subjects are;
  • ext math
  • ext eng
  • adv eng
  • bio
  • phys
  • eco
how do i study for these subjects? i really enjoy eng but im panicking ab memorising quotes for adv/ext (othello/brave new world/bladerunner)

any advice would be great xx

good luck!!

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
Revision of content and Past Papers open book is what I’m doing

Then next week same thing but with official time limit

then week after same thing but with 2/3 of the time

Am I actually doing this? No I’m watching movies.

Last edited:

Wizjaro

HSC
As much as yr 11 "doesn't count" its still good preparation for year 12. Especially considering that the way ness has it done your trial dn prelim exams are the only ones that are allowed to mimic the hsc format.

foxxraven

HSC
I also do ext maths and ext eng!
For english advanced, my school does an essay test. Make sure to get good quotes and memorise them and their techniques if it's an essay. A TEE table or some form of quotes table is great for this! Also practice writing essays under pressure.
For me english ext this term is the IRP so I'm trying to make sure I get through that week by week so I can manage when exams happen. (I still have so much of the Iliad to read o_O)
With maths, I am dropping down to just advanced so I'm focusing more on that. Make sure you really understand the maths advanced content, that will help with extension. Practice papers and exercises from your textbook will help, especially doing it whilst timed so you can work on your test taking technique (I struggle with this).

Good luck!

mikrokosmos

HSC
I also do ext maths and ext eng!
For english advanced, my school does an essay test. Make sure to get good quotes and memorise them and their techniques if it's an essay. A TEE table or some form of quotes table is great for this! Also practice writing essays under pressure.
For me english ext this term is the IRP so I'm trying to make sure I get through that week by week so I can manage when exams happen. (I still have so much of the Iliad to read o_O)
With maths, I am dropping down to just advanced so I'm focusing more on that. Make sure you really understand the maths advanced content, that will help with extension. Practice papers and exercises from your textbook will help, especially doing it whilst timed so you can work on your test taking technique (I struggle with this).

Good luck!
thank u so so much !! really helped x
we're doing such similar subjects!! im picking up 4u eng too :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)