• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

opportunity program B Eng (1 Viewer)

Jazz99

HSC
N/A
Hey
i was just wondering if anyone is doing the opportunity program with BEng (mining) or any other engineering major. I'm in yr 12 and am confident of getting above 80, however i didn't do Math Ex1 or Physics or chem. I am doing Math 2 unit.
Just wondering how people in my situation went in engineering degrees with the help of the opportunity program. Does anyone think i should just not even attempt it??

thanks

T

Testpilot

I didn't do 3U/4U maths or chem (also didn't do bridging courses) and I'm passing.

The opportunity program (from what others have led me to believe, as I don't have first hand experience of it) is simply giving certain students smaller class sizes (only for maths) and a mentor.

Jazz99

HSC
N/A
hey that sounds alright then. i thought i would be certain to fail if i did that but i guess not.
i'd probably still take the opp program and bridgeing courses.

what's your impression of the mining engineering degree by the way? are there many students doing it?

HSC
to answer your question about maths....how is your two unit ability? if you are at least reasonably confident in it and good enough at it then that should be enough to get you through first year uni math, provided you put the work in.

Jazz99

HSC
N/A
i am confident with 2Umaths and i know i'd put the work in at uni. Nice to know i'm not totally screwed.
I just wanted to know what peoples impression of the opportunity program is like. It seems ideal for people like me and i just wanted to know what it involved and if it was a good program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)