Optimising Past Papers (1 Viewer)

AKONS

HSC
Hi fellow BoS users! :)
I just have a couple questions concerning past papers (HSC and Trial):
1) When is the best time to start doing them (is doing them as early as possible better?)

2) What is the best way to approach them? (E.g select relevant questions from past papers after you’ve learnt a topic)

3) Should I be doing trial past papers as well before HSC exams in general as study or only if I run out of hsc past papers.

Do any of these answers differ with different subjects? If it helps I’m doing 3u math, 3u English, business studies, economics and physics.
Thanks in advance!!!

ultra908

HSC
You should always try to do past papers sooner rather than later to identify weaknesses and tackle those harder exam questions. The idea of 'saving' past papers isn't true.There are enough trial and hsc past papers out there that you'll never run out. I'd say try some exam qs after you finish a topic, and attempt full exams after you've finished all the content.

Carl10101

HSC
You should always try to do past papers sooner rather than later to identify weaknesses and tackle those harder exam questions. The idea of 'saving' past papers isn't true.There are enough trial and hsc past papers out there that you'll never run out. I'd say try some exam qs after you finish a topic, and attempt full exams after you've finished all the content.
I agree and this is what I am doing as well. I think trying different methods of utilising past papers and seeing what works best for you is a good idea. I personally find that for some subjects I select certain questions related to specific topics while other subjects I complete the entire exam. I also believe that timed conditions and self-marking as well as double-marking (from a teacher or fellow student) is always extremely beneficial.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)