option: human story (1 Viewer)

watsup

HSC
how did every1 go?

what did you guys write for the 6 mark question about the new Homo species? i wrote about a dating method, then about how you could use already found Homo species and compare features?

batge

HSC
yeah same i talked about dating + comparing with previous species via the comparison of brain capacity, bone size ( i.e to gauge height), etc.. etc.. etc.. that sort of stuff..

i was supprised there wasnt like a classification table in there somewhere either for like Apes, New/Old World, Humans, Prosimians, or with Austro's, vs Homo's etc.. but yeah .. lots of guys from my school thought the paper was fairly broad not very specific to biology..

what did everyone else think?

HSC
that section was easier then i expected however i had no idea what the last question was on about :s. i had only briefly heard about er, whatever it was talking bout :s

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Talked about how we can obtain photographs, diagrams, models from journals, encyclopaedias, Internet etc etc to compare... then went on to first hand investigation - dating, visual comparisons with fossils, biochemical methods to test for DNA similarites.

watsup

HSC
it was alright, all depends on how well i wrote my answer, probly won't end up getting 6/6 marks- terminology wise, hopefully 5/6 rofl.

yeh i thought they would have the comparsion of new/old world monkeys as well, cos they haven't had that for while

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)