Optus - Which word are they asking for? (1 Viewer)

Just they they word - which word?

• 'Yes'

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • 'No'

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • 'Crap'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 'Screwed'

• The ultimate word which starts with "F"

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • 'w00t' (!?)

• 'Supercalifragilisticexplialidocious'

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • 'Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis' (a lung disease)

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • 'Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch' (apparently a village in Wales..)

• 'methionylglutaminylarginyltyrosylglutamylserylleucyl phenylalanylalanylglutaminylleucyllysylglutamy

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

mitochondria

*Rawr*!
HSC
Seriously.. I don't know how they manage to became the best ISP in certain years if THEY DON'T INTEND TO HAVE NEW CUSTOMERS? I tried to call them and ask them about the availability of Cable (or ADSL if that's not available) in my area 'cause they have good plans compared to other ISPs(personally) for 3 times now, and first time: 3 minutes + 3 "Thank you for waiting, we will attend your call as soon as possible"s; second time: 4 minutes + 5 "Thank you for waiting, we will attend your call as soon as possible"s and the last time: 10 minutes and 13 "Thank you for waiting, we will attend your call as soon as possible"s.. And I've heard 6 different songs so far, including the "Yeah yeah yeah~ Just say the word, just say the word" one. Which word are they asking for? *beep*?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
if you have time on your hands, put your telephone to speakerphone option and leave it there until an operator comes for you. then when they do, abuse the crap outta them and demand free installation or you're gonna piss off to another ISP. if they fail to resolve the issue demand to speak with their supervising officer.

Muahaha, the joys of being "always right". :)

wogboy

Terminator
HSC
Why would you want to sign up with a crappy ISP like Optus? Even Telstra Bigpond cable is better value for money, not to mention there's alot of other ADSL ISPs out there.

fatmuscle

HSC
I had optus ISP!
it's called. install a 2nd phoneline, sign up to ISP and get free line rental.
so u sign up to the dodgiest $10/month plan
and get line rental free!!

so ur actually paying $10/month for linerental and 10hrs of internet connection.

unfortunately they scrapped that plan and we have to pay $25/month for rental

sunny

meh.
HSC
A good way to hint if you can get cable is just to look at the telegraph poles in your street. Look at the lowest cable on the poles, if you find a thick grey or black cable, your street is cabled.

As far as I know, Optus puts out the grey cable, and Telstra the black.

You can also check by postcode on Optus' site:
http://broadbandsales.optusnet.com.au/availability.html

mitochondria

*Rawr*!
HSC
Originally posted by wogboy
Why would you want to sign up with a crappy ISP like Optus? Even Telstra Bigpond cable is better value for money, not to mention there's alot of other ADSL ISPs out there.
Are you sure Optus is a crabby ISP? I think you should take a look at their plans before saying that. I am not like.. "Oh, Optus, must be good" and I have already checked Telstra, iPrimus, Pacific and some unknown ISP from google and newspapers. Really.. Tel$tra has to be the crabbiest ISP of the everyear since they were there, who doesn't agree to that!?!? Just.. check it out first :)

http://www.optus.com.au/Vign/ViewMgmt/display/0,2627,1038_34576-3_34995--View_354,00.html

Originally posted by sunny
A good way to hint if you can get cable is just to look at the telegraph poles in your street. Look at the lowest cable on the poles, if you find a thick grey or black cable, your street is cabled.

As far as I know, Optus puts out the grey cable, and Telstra the black.

You can also check by postcode on Optus' site:
http://broadbandsales.optusnet.com.au/availability.html
Thanks for the information :) It's really enlightening ;).. and I have finally been able to talk to a sales person who gave me a direct number as well (don't have to wait next time *yay!*) and unfortunately Cable isn't available to me but ADSL is :) (It's still better than no broadband because it's really painful without it.. takes forever to upload a photo.. and always have to compress them) It's all good now :) Thanks for the help again!

Originally posted by Frigid
if you have time on your hands, put your telephone to speakerphone option and leave it there until an operator comes for you. then when they do, abuse the crap outta them and demand free installation or you're gonna piss off to another ISP. if they fail to resolve the issue demand to speak with their supervising officer.

Muahaha, the joys of being "always right". :)
Hi frigid! *waves to frigid* I don't have a speakphone on my phone :p so i had to put it around my neck and waited for 19 minutes (really, 19 minutes) before someone nice talked to me.. So I guess I couldn't scab for a free installation after since that person is so nice ;)

lol.. just realised Ithere is a typo in the poll heading..

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
i like optus but have felt betrayed by them since Telstra forced them to stop with the real unlimited plans.
fcuk this bs 12gb and 28.8 cap shit... even telstra get better than that

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
with the "waiting times"- i heard that iprimus has the worst waiting times record- it was shown on the current affairs a couple of months ago.

raspb3rry

♥♥♥
HSC
Optus sucks~! Poor customer service and gayest waiting times >.< it gets very very annoying especially after all that wait and nothing has been done to exactly "help" you.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Are you sure they have the gayest waiting time, because i've called optus tech support over 6 times this past 2 weeks because my cable somehow fucked up, and each call was answered WITHIN 5minutes which i don't think is too bad.

But seriously their service sucks at least for me, too much downtime but others don't experience it EXCEPT ME.

Weird isn't it?

Oh yea! and 2 techs and 1 engineer came out the past 2 weeks HOW GAY.

mitochondria

*Rawr*!
HSC
Originally posted by LaZy_KoReAn
Are you sure they have the gayest waiting time, because i've called optus tech support over 6 times this past 2 weeks because my cable somehow fucked up, and each call was answered WITHIN 5minutes which i don't think is too bad.

But seriously their service sucks at least for me, too much downtime but others don't experience it EXCEPT ME.

Weird isn't it?

Oh yea! and 2 techs and 1 engineer came out the past 2 weeks HOW GAY.
:p heheee.. your just a particular case.. anyways, about your 5 minutes wait ----> of course, you are an EXISTING customer and I'm just a POTENTIAL customer.. now I've to wait 4-6 weeks for them to fix my line for ADSL... beat that ;)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I wanted cable but the f--kers at Foxtel refused to put cables down - EVEN THOUGH they were still BUILDING the trenches for my suburb at the height of their cable distribution. Meanwhile, the shitty suburb down the street (Doonside) has telegraph poles and hence cable. How the hell are people living in rotting fibro houses from the 60s supposed to afford cable anyway?

[awaits flame]

kkorpz

Casual Wanderer
HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
I wanted cable but the f--kers at Foxtel refused to put cables down - EVEN THOUGH they were still BUILDING the trenches for my suburb at the height of their cable distribution.
hahaha.. Lexi..they wont let anyone living in the 'middle' of our nieghbourhood have cable tv or net [or even ADSL].. its too far for them to lay out the cables. The only people that can get cable are the residents living closer to the outskirts [Doonside] or on Richmond Road.

Other option to Cable would be satellite.. but I dunno how reliable that is...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)