organisation question.... (1 Viewer)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
i know this question might've been asked on the other threads...but still. :p

i just want to know how do you guys organise your work stationary wise...like what system do u have in place for your printed lecture notes, your own notes, tutorial notes, and your own workings, etc.??

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
I got a pile of lecture pads where I can write stuff down. One folder with 5 dividers for each of my subjects. Write the course title at the top somewhere and write your notes and then pull out the page and stick it in the folder under the appropriate divider. That's what I do.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm a simple person...1 display folder for course outlines and loose handouts, and four A4exercise books - one for every subject
I never print lecture notes, I prefer to write notes in the lectures (to keep awake, and to learn better)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Ah... Everything is somewhere. And I mean everything. Lecture notes are taken, if I have nothing else better to do. And sleep is not nothing else better. And you walk out of the lecture feeling awake and good.

lolzieee

rOosters ^_-
I just use a 5 subject notebook... for everything :D (i'm not that organised :s)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i print out the lecture slides and add my own notes during lectures

i then make my own notes through these other notes, and out of the textbook and stuff (my lecture notes have all these half sentences coz i cant keep up with the lecturers 100km/minute talking)

bascially everything goes into a lever arch file, in plastic sleeves (one folder for each subject)
each folder has dividers, the front bit for my original notes, next bit for my good notes, next for summaries...etc.

i also take a 5 subject book into lectures that has some random notes on (esp. for some, some of my lecturers only put the slides up after the lecs), i go through these when writing my notes and add bits and peices and stuff...i then rip the pages out (perferated) and put each subject into one of those manila document folder type thingies.

lotta work, but i need to do it to get the marks i need

Generator

HSC
N/A
Multiple subject exercise books and notepads get me by... Trying to find everything once you hit stuvac can be a bit of a bastard, but that's life.

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by RCMasterAA
I got a pile of lecture pads where I can write stuff down. One folder with 5 dividers for each of my subjects. Write the course title at the top somewhere and write your notes and then pull out the page and stick it in the folder under the appropriate divider. That's what I do.
I'm doing what RC is doing, in high school I was a really simple person, 6 A4 notebooks and all the handouts when to the back of the notebook, bad idea, lost half the handouts :( - I'll go simple and just wanna pass first yr, start working harder second yr ;)

^___^
HSC
i'll have this book and during lectures i'll copy everything possible

later in the night i'll organise them by re-writting them and organise them subject by subject

that way, i cna be neat and also, i can write stuff during lect

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
im writing everything on looseleaf, so i can be messy and scribble, and i rewrite everything neatly at night with annotations etc

that way, i remember more cos i write everything out twice, and i can sort out stuff in case what i write in class doesnt make sense

santaslayer

HSC
i take ONE single a4 lecture pad to uni.....write all my notes down, go home, rip the pages outta the pad...... read my notes, take more notes from the original textbook, type'em all up, print'em on both sides of the paper and then staple it on the top left hand side of the sheets...

santaslayer

HSC
oh yea.....then i try to decompress my shortened notes even further by highlighting only keywordz from the notes.....once i get to reading them (eventually), i (try to) memorise the content with these keywordz i've highlighted...( this is only done when i've read through them quite a few times of course...)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
so what abt. for subjects such as maths and science (eg. chem, phys. etc.) where u don't memorise too much, but do a lot of problems and stuff- how did u guys organise ya self for that?

^___^
HSC
if u do problems..like make sure u keep sheets and stuff and chuck a high school student..do it in books and stuff like that

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
I bring one lecture pad into uni, and remove the pages at home while reading thru them. Each subject has its own 'file', with everything in order. Starting: Present assignment, topic outline, lecture notes, tutorials, past assignments, others.
All A4, so sheets don't fall out.

For maths/sci, just get off your arse and do the tutorials, or at least the ones that help. They often set some questions somewhere, which will help you become comfortale with tackling problems.

Dave85

HSC
My system is this: I print out lecture notes and take them as well as a pad of paper into each lecture. I scribble down messy notes and that night transfer them into an exercise book (i have 4 exercise books, one for each subject). On top of these notes i use the text book to right down other notes and examples that i may hav missed or not understood so well in the lecture. I then file this book in my file-ing cabinent and try 2 learn these notes before the next tutorial.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by babydoll_
im writing everything on looseleaf, so i can be messy and scribble, and i rewrite everything neatly at night with annotations etc

that way, i remember more cos i write everything out twice, and i can sort out stuff in case what i write in class doesnt make sense
That would take a huge amount of time:eek:!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I have changed from what I was planning on doing before University started. Now, all I do is read the chapter in the textbook before the lecture. Then, I get the lecture notes off the Internet and print them off. I take these notes into the into the lecture and go through them, and I might add some little notations. Then I come home and summarise what I have learnt (although this is taking a lot of time and I am starting to fall behind on it, so I might stop soon). Then I answer the related questions, ready for the tutorial:).

Dave85

HSC
yeah re-writing them takes ages but i dont mind... since its the only way i can really learn. It is taking ages tho so i'll see how things go. Maybe i'll just hav 2 make my messy notes my good notes?

suz

HSC
Yeah I re-write my notes every night too
I think it helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)