Orientation (1 Viewer)

hYperTrOphY

HSC
The Social Science orientation at Penrith goes from 10 - 12 and Law at Parra is on the same day from 12 - 1:30. Is orientation structured in a way that makes it important to be on time? Getting from the Penrith Campus to Parra Campus is going to take much longer than 0 minutes (especially using pub. transport), so is it best to be possibly very late or just choose one to go to?

Also, on the sheet given to us at enrolment with the orientation times, it says these are "Course based orientation sessions" - does that imply that there is some other sort of 'general' orientation that is also occuring?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Well they said at AA session that you should try and go to both, maybe you should just go a bit late/leave early so you can check out both the campuses. I'd try and stay for all the law and leave a bit early from the soc sci one, kust tell them you have to do this and the mioght give you all of the information at the beginning andf send you off?

Its weird because my Parra orientation doesn't clash with my Soc Sci one, in fact its completely different days

L

LaraB

if they clash and you can't go to a bit of both- go to the law one.

Justa bout everyone i know said the law one is more useful than the non-law degree.. some of the info overlaps too...

If you're worried about it - just email your course coordinator after orientation and check on yoru webct for any important info.

Don't forget - orientation isn't a compulsory event - some people can't make it coz of work and the like, so they're not going to get you to do/see anything that is absolutely vital on that day as it would disadvantage those who can't come.

It more useful as a way to get to know the campus and some students you'll be in classes with and that kind of thing:)

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Well they said at AA session that you should try and go to both, maybe you should just go a bit late/leave early so you can check out both the campuses. I'd try and stay for all the law and leave a bit early from the soc sci one, kust tell them you have to do this and the mioght give you all of the information at the beginning andf send you off?

Its weird because my Parra orientation doesn't clash with my Soc Sci one, in fact its completely different days
Assuming there will be shuttle buses running, I'd have to leave about an hour early though..

if they clash and you can't go to a bit of both- go to the law one.

Justa bout everyone i know said the law one is more useful than the non-law degree.. some of the info overlaps too...

If you're worried about it - just email your course coordinator after orientation and check on yoru webct for any important info.

Don't forget - orientation isn't a compulsory event - some people can't make it coz of work and the like, so they're not going to get you to do/see anything that is absolutely vital on that day as it would disadvantage those who can't come.

It more useful as a way to get to know the campus and some students you'll be in classes with and that kind of thing
Yeah, I'd prefer to go to the Law one if I had to choose one.

Last edited:
L

LaraB

hYperTrOphY said:
Is it on orientation that we get info on the various clubs/associations we can join?
some stuff you will but a lot of em are around during o-week instead... a lot of the clubs you can just email them to see when they'll be around coz some have their own room/office... and then you can go see them whenever...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)