over 90% in every test? (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Do fuckloads of past papers. Got me from 15th/17 (people in my 4u class) in year 11 to 1st in trial;)

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Or you can do it the other way. :p [sorry to doubt the allpowering nature of past papers withoutaface]

That is, drill the basics in and understand the mathematics behind it.
Practice some more difficult q's.
(Got me from last to first in Yr9-10 ;))

Now that you've got plenty of time and nothing to do, revert to past papers :p

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I have 2 months of free bliss and nothing to spend them doing!

Mathematics, here I come.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Estel said:
Or you can do it the other way. :p [sorry to doubt the allpowering nature of past papers withoutaface]

Once you understand the material I feel its much more profitable to practice past paper questions to build exam technique and minimise silly errors.

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
learn to love it
love
lovelove
lovelove
lovelove
lovelove
lovelove
lovelove
lovelove
lovelove
lovelove
lovelove
lovelove
lovelove
lovelove
lovelove
lovelove
lovelove
lovelove
lovelove
love

is good for all

Estel

Tutor
HSC
withoutaface said:
Once you understand the material I feel its much more profitable to practice past paper questions to build exam technique and minimise silly errors.
But that really only applies once you get to the stage where the only mistakes you're making are silly mistakes...

yes for 3U, not really for 4.
meh I've shot myself
u win :p

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Estel said:
But that really only applies once you get to the stage where the only mistakes you're making are silly mistakes...

yes for 3U, not really for 4.
meh I've shot myself
u win :p
Even in 4u, I found the way to do best was tons of easier questions, because most of the harder questions you can't exactly prepare for. That way you get through the first few questions very quickly and hence do better in the harder ones due to more time.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
withoutaface: maybe we learn differently but I find isolating a topic and working in it with difficult questions is more efficient for me. Although I haven't ever done a full 4u past paper so I will reserve my judgement for later. :p

I know in 3U understanding your material means that Q7 becomes straightforward enough... I think going past papers from the outset after just doing the basic exercises is not as effective... but ah well

and btw... cut ur dirty thoughts out :p

veridis

droog
HSC
Estel said:

david you were so not last in year 9. sure you may not have been the first by miles nobody dare dispute anything you say for you are the maths god that you are now. but you always have been and always will be a maths freak
and you know i mean that in the nicest possible way

also since when do you tutor?

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Liam: done it quite a bit informally with many younger children, time to branch out a bit since it is quite fun, sharing the love around. :p

In response to wrx: plenty people get 95 in 3U and tutor. I think I know it to an extent much higher than that. I'm also willing to go to people's homes.
Ultimately, I don't even think people need any. Obviously there will always be someone better than you at maths, but that doesn't mean that the best tutors are [insert DSc'er]. Please don't interpret this in any way as a slur against Xiao.

Last edited:

grimreaper

HSC
For 3u... I would say that atm for assessment tasks just get fitzpatrick (if you havent already) and do every question in every exercise you learn in class. Thats what I did and in total I lost a grand total of 4 marks this year in 3u (trial, mid course, other assessment). Of course I only got about 50% on my first assessment (at the end of last year before I bothered doing the textbook exercises) which ultimately meant I only came 4th overall :(.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
My teacher just gives us heaps of past paper complex number questions for practice. It works, so I agree with wif.

zergcave

HSC
"hacks"? hmm what a jackass! ahaha

well perhaps one day, someone smart enough will be able to tap into the official board of studies website and take a peek (secretly) of the year's HSC papers, prior to ur HSC exams....thats an interesting thought...

the board of studies website has already been exposed this year (as many of u have known), to some major vulnerabilities in the system, when some dude gained access to his hsc marks early. as a result, it seems inevitable to me, that not too long in the future, someone will succeed in secretly breaking in, and stealing some hsc papers, or even better - changing their marks to 100 (jk, becoz the hsc marks are not completely stored on computer).

so there is my solution to u jackass. you can get not just 90%, but 100%.

stupid jackass - u dun even do 4unit ahahmuahah
oooO i scored a 5 dollar tip today - im rich

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Because something has a chance of occurring does not mean it will ever occur, zerg rush.

zergcave

HSC
interesting, i wonder then i posted this...

well, like jackass said a few posts prior, there are some very incredibly smart pple out there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)