Paradoxes Anomalies and Inconsistencies in 1984 (1 Viewer)

notme123

HSC
Hi everyone, would NESA or any trial papers ever ask a question relating to all 3 of these or one specifically as the Common Mod essay. If so, what is the best course of action to prepare for a question like this? I have a few quotes addressing these points so I'm not completely lost in this respect, but how many examples should I collate to prepare for such an occasion.

Etho_x

HSC
Hi everyone, would NESA or any trial papers ever ask a question relating to all 3 of these or one specifically as the Common Mod essay. If so, what is the best course of action to prepare for a question like this? I have a few quotes addressing these points so I'm not completely lost in this respect, but how many examples should I collate to prepare for such an occasion.
Well considering you need 2/3 quotes per paragraph that’s probably good enough. Part of the whole thing with the quotes though is adjusting to the question, meaning that your quotes may not have much to do with the syllabus dotpoints but you may still be able to engage with the question (even if you’re making up bs - it’s worked for me 🤫). However I’d still prepare at least 6-8 quotes which you can relate to the paradoxes, anomalies, inconsistencies... if you want to reduce time some quotes may overlap all three of those. I wouldn’t see them putting all those 3 in one essay question though

idkkdi

HSC
memorise the book and search for quotes during the exam.

notme123

HSC
Well considering you need 2/3 quotes per paragraph that’s probably good enough. Part of the whole thing with the quotes though is adjusting to the question, meaning that your quotes may not have much to do with the syllabus dotpoints but you may still be able to engage with the question (even if you’re making up bs - it’s worked for me 🤫). However I’d still prepare at least 6-8 quotes which you can relate to the paradoxes, anomalies, inconsistencies... if you want to reduce time some quotes may overlap all three of those. I wouldn’t see them putting all those 3 in one essay question though
I've been going on this general path so far so thank you for the confirmation.

beetree1

HSC
Essentially all three of those rubric terms correlate to each other.
You can easily manipulate your Paradox quote for Inconsistencies and vice versa. Just be sure to note the difference between them all and it should be easy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)