Past Indepdent Q (1 Viewer)

mreditor16

HSC
Here is a question I'm struggling to answer from the Independent 2012 Astrophysics paper:

<Question removed>

Ideas? I know it is a globular cluster. I just don't know how to properly verbalise all that stuff about turn off point and all that related shit into an answer that directly answers the question.

Thanks in advance! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Axio

=o
HSC
Here is a question I'm struggling to answer from the Independent 2012 Astrophysics paper:

Ideas? I know it is a globular cluster. I just don't know how to properly verbalise all that stuff about turn off point and all that related shit into an answer that directly answers the question.

Thanks in advance! :)
Both areas have different reasons don't they? For the one that is the turn-off point could you say: "As the hydrogen fuel in a star's core runs out the core begins to collapse due to gravity and the star moves away from the main sequence."?

EDIT: And then for the other spot could you explain that after the main-sequence, the stars evolve to become red giants as opposed to super blue giants (which I think the arrow is pointing to)?

I may be completely wrong though, I just thought I'd post what I'm thinking, GL :)

Last edited:

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
Stars which are higher up in the main sequence evolve at a faster rate than those lower down. For this reason the more massive stars have left the main sequence and have become something else (red giant etc..), so there are no stars in that section of the main sequence

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)