• Best of luck to the class of 2020 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Past papers (1 Viewer)

totally_screwed

HSC
have a separate book to record all your mistakes and the correct solutions/responses

thetestdude

HSC
Uni Grad
do as many as you can to be exposed to all types of questions that may potentially be in your exam.

tito981

HSC
make a list of topics included in the exam, before you do the paper, write as a percentage the mark you would get for the given topic, e.g. linear function: 95%, after the exam see what you excel/fall behind in and work on those weaknesses.

TryhardIndian

HSC
3 weeks before exams:
- Make a list of strengths and weaknesses.
- Look at past paper questions and pick out questions you cannot do. I suggest you to not do the whole paper yet as this will wear you down and its better if you work on improving weaknesses.
- Difficult questions that are hard to understand can be catered for by asking your teacher or looking at youtube videos for help.

2 weeks before exams:
- Now start doing a past paper. I recommend to not time yourself but complete the whole test in exam conditions (no phones/breaks). You can also use your notes if there are questions that you struggle with. Make sure to highlight these questions for future references.
- Once completed, mark your paper reading over the solutions and I suggest you mark yourself harshly as it helped me to improve.
- All your mistakes should be recorded in a book which should be looked over closer to the exam date (one or two days before)

1 week before exams:
- Start doing a past paper once every day, timing yourself and in exam conditions, without the need of any notes.
- The questions you get wrong should be checked with your mistakes book to see and patterns of regular mistakes.

1 day before exam:
- Look over your mistake book and see how to get the question right, the next time you do it.
- Go over your notes to check for any last minute misunderstandings.

Hope this helps!

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
3 weeks before exams:
- Make a list of strengths and weaknesses.
- Look at past paper questions and pick out questions you cannot do. I suggest you to not do the whole paper yet as this will wear you down and its better if you work on improving weaknesses.
- Difficult questions that are hard to understand can be catered for by asking your teacher or looking at youtube videos for help.

2 weeks before exams:
- Now start doing a past paper. I recommend to not time yourself but complete the whole test in exam conditions (no phones/breaks). You can also use your notes if there are questions that you struggle with. Make sure to highlight these questions for future references.
- Once completed, mark your paper reading over the solutions and I suggest you mark yourself harshly as it helped me to improve.
- All your mistakes should be recorded in a book which should be looked over closer to the exam date (one or two days before)

1 week before exams:
- Start doing a past paper once every day, timing yourself and in exam conditions, without the need of any notes.
- The questions you get wrong should be checked with your mistakes book to see and patterns of regular mistakes.

1 day before exam:
- Look over your mistake book and see how to get the question right, the next time you do it.
- Go over your notes to check for any last minute misunderstandings.

Hope this helps!
Thanks this is great

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)