PC monitor... (1 Viewer)

lexie85

HSC
As some of you might remember i was having problems with my monitor blanking out and not turning on, anyway it was covered by ext warranty and they've decided to replace it. Its a 15inch HP pavilion LCD but they wont have any in stock until late january so they're offering a 19inch Proview monitor (i assume its lcd) but i've never even heard of Proview, any suggestions as to wether i should take it or wait it out for another HP ?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Sure, what have you got to lose?

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Take the 19inch, HP monitors are crap anyway, the have low response times and crappy refresh rate. By the way is the Proview 19" brand new or second hand??

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
Most consumer-level LCD monitors use panels from one of three panel manufacturers.

Two of the three are average. The other is expensive.

HP charges for 'its brand'.

Get the extra 4" I say.

lexie85

HSC
the 19 inch is brand new...im just worried about the quality of Proview, i've never used anything from that brand, i dont want it to stop working within the 1st yr etc

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Nah, that probably wouldn't happen. The best thing is to do some research on the refresh rate and when it was made. Older LCD's with high refresh times are bad news.

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
Ye but your old screen is 15inch, your gonna want a bigger one anyways + there is no saying HP will last forever as i said HP monitors arent so good either.

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
lexie85 said:
the 19 inch is brand new...im just worried about the quality of Proview, i've never used anything from that brand, i dont want it to stop working within the 1st yr etc
Then claim warranty again ;)

Just take the proview to be honest with you. By the time it does break, a new 19" won't cost you that much anyway - and we'd be looking at getting OLED monitors (which will push LCD prices down further).

lexie85

HSC
argh i've been reading reviews on proviews and the only good thing i've picked up so far is that its cheap !!

most people seem to have probs after the 1st yr and warranty wont cover anything then

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Just make sure that the response times isn't over 5ms. =p.

i've gotta 22" Widescreen Chimei (CMV221d). And i'm lovin' it. =)

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
~15ms shouldn't even matter if she isn't a gamer.

Though I guess you'd want to get your bang for buck =P

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
No, they don't. But I'm saying they were fine - so any monitor in the market should be fine for her.

@ Schroedinger - amen...*hugs my WFP2407-HC*

lexie85

HSC
so i've decided to just wait for an hp arriving in january but they dont make 15 or 17 inch anymore so im not even sure what they are going to give me but meh

umm 5ms ? do u mean 5 minutes ? yeah no gamer here lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)