People who dropped from 2 unit at the end of year 11 and did the general exam :D (1 Viewer)

Picle

HSC
think you should have stayed 5th in 2u lol thats heaps good.....for people like me who were doing 20% average on a 2U are the ones that should/had to drop

JoeysBoy

HSC
Kwayera said:
Oh man, dropping from 2U to General was the best and hardest decision for school I've ever made. Best, because I went from 18% marks to 88% marks; hardest, because it meant giving up any and all hope of becoming a fighter pilot.

Oh well. Hoping for 90+%!
Try and enter the course as a mature age student? Or redo your maths next year while working or doing another tafe/uni course part time? Is that possible? You should go after your dream!

HSC
right after the HSC Im going to go buy 2u/3u mathematics text books ... why? i only need 2u, i want to learn 3u seriously just for the fun of it

Counterfeit

HSC
Joolz said:
I know its all easy for the 2 unit kids to drop dwn to gen...but spare a thought for the General kids who are already finding it hard as it is. They have no where to DROP DOWN to do they?
Its really not fair... then the gen kids just end up competing against kids who SHOULD be in 2 unit except dont really wanna try..or find it hard.
There should be a way for General math students to drop dwn as well (if they want). Otherwise the marking is just plain biased.
Think about it: kids who should be in 2 unit doing an exam with general math kids who are struggling...then the kid in 2 unit going: "Yay I came 1st"
against who? kids who are less capable then you? thats bullshit
Oh shut the fuck up!

NEWS FLASH if u suck at maths you DON'T HAVE TO DO IT!!

English is the only compulsory HSC course.

I 100% support all people who drop down from advanced, they saved their UAI's by doing it, why should you care? You're being a selfish little bitch.

so your dumb and your failing... well even if there weren't ex-advnaced people in your class you would still be dumb and failing!

Noone SHOULD be in 2u unless they want to do something at uni that requires 2u skills

If anything be greatfull, the ex-advanced students will pull your mark up when you fail.

Makring is biased? wtf? so the markers look at a student number and go "oo ex-advanced student lets give them 100%" ... shit youre deluded.

(and yes i am an ex-advanced students, and PROUD, i was getting 70's in advanced, but heck getting 90's in general will actually scale better (even though it scales down) and it's easier, less stressful, and the rest of my subjects are also benefitting... WHY do you have a problem with that??)

HSC
I only dropped down because I can't cope with SDD/Chem/BS(at the time) demands, those subjects suck up alot of my time, and early year 12 I wasnt willing to work as hard as I am now to get 90s in them all. When I dropped 2u maths after half yearlies my ranks went better for all my subjects ... I don't see the big deal, if you where struggling from general maths in the beginning, shouldn't you work hard at the start and try and beat us?

It's not like us ex-advanced students have the upper hand, we aren't taught anything from the general course ... only if we all did advanced maths :p

mel- RAVO

WELL i agree with all the smart people that dropped down from two unit to General!!

Great Exam- i think i can say its one i have passed- haha-unlike 2 Unit.

I was told that if you go awesome in general, its better than a slightly above mark in 2 unit. So i'm happy. My dad who is a maths teacher was a little mad at me dropping down- but why put in all the effort for 2 unit, if you can do better doing no work in general??

Not Bored

That exam was a joke, finished with an hour to spare. Said the rosary, went over my stuff, no worries. Confident for a good result. Got a strong class and ranked 1st.

hayley232

HSC
Well sounds like everyone that dropped from 2 unit because they were failing or coming last ended up doing pretty good in the general exam overall! I didn't drop to general until after the yr12 half yearly exams so i only learn about half of the general maths hsc course. But still! I ended up coming 17th out of 90, which is a great change from coming last in 2 unit! And the hsc seemed to be alot easier than the trials :) Good luck to everyone and hope all your results are what you wished for!

bassqueen16

HSC
yeah i went from being in intermediate maths in yr 9 and 10 and then i started doing gen in the start of year 11 and i thought it was too easy so i went up to 2unit and i failed basically the whole year and then the start of year 12 i dropped down again-best thing i ever did lol yeah as ppl have been sayin general just clicks lol AND i found out in general we're doing 3unit probability, so i felt smart :)

BrotherJim

HSC
Yea i just started year 12 now and im thinking of dropping to general, ive been getting like 80-90s in past assesment tests but the prelim i got like 35%, really pissed off. I want to do Marketing at Uni so i need like 90 UAI but do you need 2 unit maths for that????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)