Periodic Table (1 Viewer)

dumNerd

HSC
What from the periodic table should I be memorising?

大きい男

HSC
For year 10 science I don't think you need to memorise anything unless it is specified by your teacher as they are likely to give you one in an exam. In the HSC you are given a reference sheet that contains the periodic table, so there's no need to memorise all 118 elements and their relative atomic masses. If you're referring to year 11 you need to know these trends, except for metallic character:
Periodicity Definition in Chemistry

c8

HSC
I think in year 10 I had to memorise the different groups and you'd likely need to know them in senior years as you get a periodic table but its not colour coded and you'll also need to know trends but other than that especially for year 10 I think just knowing the groups and maybe the charges is enough

dumNerd

HSC
I think in year 10 I had to memorise the different groups and you'd likely need to know them in senior years as you get a periodic table but its not colour coded and you'll also need to know trends but other than that especially for year 10 I think just knowing the groups and maybe the charges is enough
Just wanna memorize stuff ahead of time, what would I have to memorize for 11/12

c8

HSC
The groups, trends like electronegativity etc, charges and how to write polyatomic ions but other than that you can just take a peek into mod 1 of chemistry and you should find info there

dumNerd

HSC
The groups, trends like electronegativity etc, charges and how to write polyatomic ions but other than that you can just take a peek into mod 1 of chemistry and you should find info there
I've finished module 1 for chem didn't really see anything that could have value being memorized except for the trends

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)