Personality- Hatshepsut (1 Viewer)

Benjamin

Dear every one,

How did your Ancient History HSC go? If you did Hatshepsut as your personality, How did it go? I thought it was awesome. Some realy easy questions in there. I loved it. It was realy cool how the Hatshepsut stuff also applies to the New Kingdom Egypt to the death of Tutmose the IV stuff ^_^. I hope you all do well :)
I think it got about 80%+ on this section. Praise God........ ^_^

God Bless,

-Benjamin

Jezzabelle

LOL i dont do histories but that is the funniest name i have ever heard, and asking about her personality... lol

why didnt i do this subject?!?!?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gavvvvvin

Lol I love the way I can use Hatshepsut in New Kingdom :)

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
Not sure....I always have difficulty interpreting the personality questions, I'm never sure if I'm actually answering the question they were asking. I worte 8 pages and used lots of sources, but I found it hard to know what the question was looking for.

For the third question about her influence, did you talk about the successfulness of her reign? Ie her influence on foreign affairs, religion, trade, etc?

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
Oh and for number 2, was that supposed to be dealing with whether Thutmose and Hatshepsut were rivals and that whole debate, or with something else? I wasn't sure what "relationship" was referring to.

brunette

HSC
jezzabelle86 said:
LOL i dont do histories but that is the funniest name i have ever heard, and asking about his personality... lol

why didnt i do this subject?!?!?

lol it was a SHE

anywayz...i was bit shocked they asked bout relationship wit thutmose but lucky i did a practice question at home kinda

otherwise relatively easy....u were free to write wat u thought was relavent basically

G

Gavvvvvin

gemita said:
Oh and for number 2, was that supposed to be dealing with whether Thutmose and Hatshepsut were rivals and that whole debate, or with something else? I wasn't sure what "relationship" was referring to.
I talked about Thutmosis being pissed about the whole usurping ordeal

cuivienen

HSC
gemita said:
Yep thats it...I talked about historians and some of their views on the possibility that Thutmose III was the cause of defacing her monuments and the destruction of the Red Chapel...and some other comparisons and analysis which state a good relationship...thats how I interpreted it...

vicksta

HSC
I pretty much talked about how she was his regent and "usurped" the throne blah blah, and then with the damnatio memoriae, how Wilson and Gardiner reckon it was Thutmose, but evidence suggests it was defaced 42 years after her death....so theres not necessarily and hard evidence to say they had a bad relationship, especially with the fact that he conducted military campqigns during Hatshepsut's reign

Gemstone

Well I loved this question. It was awesome. The first question in it about her rise to prominence was exactly the same as in my trial and I got full marks for that, so I just rewrote that and add more detail. With the second bit I talked about how her relationship with Thutmose IV changed when she had herself crowned as pharaoh. In the third part I just talked about Punt, Millitary and the Speos Artemidos inscription. I don't think I did enough of that one but the other two I did heaps well and I used lots of evidence from modern and ancient historians. So yeah I think I did well.

~ Gemma

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
gemita said:
thats wat i wrote about..that qeustion was shit because it wasnt that clear..the other two were sweet

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
yeah, i talked for question 2 really quickly bout her geneological relationship with Th III then went on2 their co-regency, her becoming pharaoh, the removal of her pictures, the possibility that it was damnatio memoriae and than the reasons why more recent theory's say that they had an amicable relationship. for q3 i basicaly did her legacy - so religion, economic, military, building and general innovations.

A2RAYA

HSC
angelduck said:
woa! like ditto! Could it b because thats exactly what Harpy told us to mention?????
no its acutally bcause she was a stupid female king who wanted attention and said she was daughter of amun and wen this didnt work she began dressing as a man...becuase she was stupid....she became pharoah cos she was stupid, she had a co regency with thut 3 cos she was stupid and finally we had to write all this stuff about her because....yep u guessed it..cos she was stupid

P.S, i agree with duck and silvermoon. thats exactly wat i wrote too and im assuming u two r smarter than me at ancient so im confident of getting good marks for this bit ;)

somechick

HSC
N/A
no way!

A2RAYA said:
no its acutally bcause she was a stupid female king who wanted attention and said she was daughter of amun and wen this didnt work she began dressing as a man...becuase she was stupid....she became pharoah cos she was stupid, she had a co regency with thut 3 cos she was stupid and finally we had to write all this stuff about her because....yep u guessed it..cos she was stupid

no way!!!!!!!!! how can u say that??!!! Hatshepsut was an absolute legend. She was smart, she was cunning and she was damn-right a good pharoah. Man, pharoahs had to erase her name to reduce comparison, they emulated her innovations like djeser djeseru and her legitimisation processes, just so they could be seen as a good pharoah.
The only reason why she dressed up as a man was to maintain maat and be seen as a traditional pharoah.

A2RAYA

HSC
lol good point.....i just couldnt be bothered with ancient at that point in the course anymore so i didnt really pay that much attention in class but still found the hatshepsut part pretty easy in the exam

but hey..ancient egypt is open to debate and theres my argument :D

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
somechick said:
The only reason why she dressed up as a man was to maintain maat and be seen as a traditional pharoah.
Probably not the ONLY reason but we would never know. I still like the fact that she's stupid! :)

Anyways, i left the Hatshepsut section last. It was easy but it scary how i used more historiography in this section than in both of my exams. I really should have made up historians. Damn my stupidity!

A2RAYA

HSC
trust me making up historians is easy....i put my mate in there as an historian called j.d mitchell ;)

whether or not that comes bak and bites me in the ass is another matter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)