Petition For Crime Question (1 Viewer)

=slade=

HSC
maybe if there was a typed copy of a letter in disagreeance with whats happened available online, ppl could print it off, sign it and their school maybe even teacher signature if they want, then mail it to BoS...wouldnt that be taken more seriously instead of this online stuff?

im all for correcting whats happened (if need be) but i agree, i dont think they will take us seriously here. if someone wrote a strongly worded letter, outlining what our issue is, and allowed people to print it off, sign it themselves and have it counter signed by our teachers (if this really is such an issue im sure they'd have no problem with doing this) i think that if they recieved a large number of such letters maybe MAYBE it could be more productive than a vague petition??

powerhouse

HSC
What the fuck is your problem Argonaut? I don't know if you do legal or not, but if you don't then piss off and let us do what we want. We don't care about your opinions.

Kutar Maggi

They call me nigga man
HSC
Smartie87 said:
Man you're smart! Thats exactly what we are doing! Trying to get something done about a question that the majority of people agree was not a requirement of the legal studies syllabus. No, I didn't study the area of young offenders, and I DID write an answer to the question using the knowledge I could from ASPECTS of the syllabus we have learnt, but not enough for 19 marks I'm afraid...

Don't bother whinging after u get your shit mark back cuz of that dud question... cuz it will be too late then. Thats why we are trying to get something done now.

So take your BS somewhere else, cuz you are outnumbered incase you havent noticed

i answered the question fine thanks, cause i read the rubric, which states that for the last question in crim, students must research a variety of issues which test the effectiveness of the legal system. so :p and i think ill be happy with my results thanks.

Smartie87

HSC
Argonaut said:
Besides, you're going about it the wrong way. You should actually start an online petition with a clearly defined purpose so that people know what they're agreeing with. This:[quoteI am getting together a list of names/schools who would like something more done about the section in question, and feel that the explainations we have been given thus far are not satisfactory/ or feel that the 'measures' put in place by the board are not adequate in rectifying any possible disadvantage faced by us, as students. This doesn't cut the mustard. It's so damn ambiguous you could interpret it a dozen ways. You don't even make it clear what the problem is, you just assume everyone knows. Plus, forwarding on a thread like this to the actual BoS would probably result in it being sent to the Recycle Bin, escpecially if it's a thread from this website. It would be better if you had an actual HARD COPY with real signatures in ink rather than simply a forum thread or an online petition to go with

Well i had created a formal letter which clearly outlined the issue, and was transferring all the information into a document to send to them, not showing them a forum. I have called up schools who have agreed to take part....
not for my sake, but on behalf of the kids who are concerned. But if my efforts are just going to be critisised, i wont bother wasting n e mre time. U can just whinge some more, and then cry when u get a crap mark cuz no one did n e thing about it

=slade=

HSC
if it wasnt for smartie 87 then nothing would really be done at all. at least she is trying, and hopefully it will get us all comewhere if we can come together and question the BoS.

if u dont do legal and are just here to winge ABOUT people whinging, we dont really need you here. thankyou for your assistance, but it sounds like smartie is doing more than whinging, and if there was a letter or something hard copy i can send to BoS i would be more than happy to involve my school.

but regardless of what action is taken and the consequence, i think argonauts suggestions were a little bit helpful however, an actual organised campaign is what it seems like people here are trying to do.

so plz, stop whining about us trying to make a difference to our own marks unless ur critisms are going to be of any assistance which clearly judging by people reactions, they havent been at all.

also smartie, pm me if u do have a letter, id be willing to let those at my school know, and spread the word.

--Anisha--

HSC
oh and if u contact my school Mr Brown and another past legal studies teacher may be interested.

--Anisha--

HSC
Hey.. since they wanna see just how many people are against the fairness of the question and to ensure they actually do take notice perhaps they can allow us to have a petition on their site... where students can leave their name and school i dunno if they'd do that but if they really wanna do something about it they would..

Smartie87

HSC
ok i can take constructive critisism.
well.... if you want, either post or message me the address of your school, and i will send the letter, and we can get REAL signatures

Kirika

HSC
yeah, a big thanks to smartie for all the top works she's putting in! :) i spoke to my teacher about it and she spoke to the Education Consultant for our region so hopefully something will happen there. have emailed local minister, hey we all should be registered voters by now (even though we are under 18) so they should help too. keep the names coming people!

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Argonaut said:
I don't do legal
why bother posting here if you don't do legal. you don't know the question, and u probably have no idea why we are posting here.)

anyways i support this notion:

A.Y, Killara High School

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)