• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Pharmacy (NRSL) and Timetable Questions (USYD) (1 Viewer)

porphyrin

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I'm a NRSL, in my final year of a BSc (Chemistry major) and I'm very keen to apply for Pharmacy next year. The MPharm course is an option, however I will not have completed the 5 out of 7 pre-requisites necessary, so I'm thinking of applying for the BPharm instead (plus I don't really want to sit the GAMSAT or do the remaining pre-requisites before I apply).

At the moment, my GPA is 6.76, but realistically after this year is finished, it'll be somewhere between 6.2 (if I get all credits) and 6.76 (if I get all HDs - I wish! :) ). I sat the STAT in January, just to get it out of the way, and got 179 (99.3 percentile).

Just wondering what chances are of being accepted? What sort of GPA/STAT marks have others had to be accepted?

If I do get accepted, I'm also curious about the first year timetable. I assume that I would be granted credit for 1st year Chemistry (given it is my major ;) ) and the new molecular genetic subject (already did 2nd year Genetics).

Given those exemptions, What sort of hours per week could I expect in 1st year? Also a rough breakdown of hours per day would be great too (obviously it'd be different in 2009, just wanted to get a general picture).

Thanks very much!

Porphyrin

Doomah

HSC
with marks like them i'm guessing your a UWS student?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)