• Best of luck to the class of 2019 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • Like us on facebook here

PHYS OR CHEM !!! pls help :( (1 Viewer)

juliak239

HSC
Hi !!

I am currently in yr 11 and doing one science which is phys.
I know it is term 2 but after discussions with my deputy, it is still not too late to change one of subjects back to chem.
I originally did both phys and chem but then later changed chem to IPT as a family friend of mine told me IPT is very easy to achieve band 6.
Everyone I ask, half says chem is harder, half says phys is harder. So... I don't really know who to believe as 4u students told me they find chem harder even though it uses less maths and other 4u students tell me they find phys much harder.
I am very conflicted as I don't know what I should do and if I should change IPT back to chem as IPT is very very boring for me and rather get a lower mark in chem than do IPT.

Maths wise, I excel far better in english so phys does get quite difficult for myself time to time and I do struggle but I enjoy learning physics a lot and would like to keep it... but I guess for the benefit of my atar I am willing to change phys to chem if I need to.

Which option would be most beneficial for me ?
- Both chem and phys
- Just phys
- Just chem
Thank you :(

ahri

HSC
If you aren't interested in IPT there isn't a point in studying it, especially if you don't have the motivation to study it if you don't enjoy it. There's nothing that 'easily guarantees a band 6'. Both physics and chemistry are hard, and both require a good conceptual understanding to be able to apply calculations. If you are already disinterested in IPT, drop it. A lot of people take subjects 'because it's easy' and end up dropping it in year 12 or being forced to endure a year despite being very bored and hating the subject. I would say swap IPT for chem so if you decide to drop chem or phys in y12, you have a choice instead of immediately dropping IPT.

ahri

HSC
If you aren't interested in IPT there isn't a point in studying it, especially if you don't have the motivation to study since you don't enjoy it. There's nothing that 'easily guarantees a band 6'. Both physics and chemistry are hard, and both require a good conceptual understanding to be able to apply calculations. If you are already disinterested in IPT, drop it. A lot of people take subjects 'because it's easy' and end up dropping it in year 12 or being forced to endure a year despite being very bored and hating the subject. I would say swap IPT for chem so if you decide to drop chem or phys in y12, you have a choice instead of immediately dropping IPT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)