• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

pip topics (1 Viewer)

what topic should i go for????

• old topic (net)

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • new topic (destiny)

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • dunno

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

alby

cool duckie
HSC
hey, just wondering what topic i should do...i've got 1 that seemed interesing to me when i first found out about the pip, and another one that i saw in a bos thread somewhere and interestes me heaps now.

the first topic is on how the net has become the new aged swiss army knife (can do so much with it sorta thing)....i know it sounds kinda intersting...but its also quite confusing and im not sure how im gunna approach it

the other one is on ways different people think our futures are 'controlled' or determined (pre-desitnation, sequence of choices, matrix, fate, karma, etc)...not sure what x-cultural thing i should use, mabey gender (eventhough that mightnt effect anything, ie. guys having same/similar oppinions to girls)...also a bit unsure of how to approach it

im also emailing my teacher..see what she thinks...

all oppinions and thoughts welcome and appreciated, just need some advice

thanx

ps. if anyone wants to see the thread, i found it... http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8795&perpage=15&(pagenumber=7) its a bit long, but got lots of good ideas and different views

pps. yea i no i've posted this in the s&c forum...but noones replying 2 it in there

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
the second idea sounds a bit easier to do in the sense that you can have your cross cultural component, secondary reasearch and primary reasearch both should be easily acessible for that topic, so i woudl choose that one. Internet one is cool, but you need to either biol that down to amore specific topic or take an interesting angle to it, but i think in terms of SAC the 2nd pip idea (desitny) is better because you're meant to be doign yourpip pn somethign sociological (about people) internet itself would not be appropraite unles syous pecified it to soemthing for eg 'how does the internet affect adolescents?' or soemthing like that...i would say play aroudn with those ideas abit mroe if you like, but you shoudl be gettign started on your pip like prganisign questionaiires if you plan on using those etc...

so i reccomend destiny idea for now, but if u specificy the internet topic a little more it can work as well, just do it on soemthign that interests you and is easier to find the info, somethign fairly orginal (those 2 topics seem relatively orginal to me-but destiny more) ;)
good luck girl
ps. i dropped sac at the end of last yr :( i miss it but i had to drop it coz 13 units was too much, and this PIP thing was too time consuming

cheers

alby

cool duckie
HSC
thanx heaps hsc!
dunno wat cross-cultural ting id do wit d destiny 1 tho

i've got sac on mon so i'll ask my teacher den 2 (emailed her, but she didnt reply! ugh!!! lol)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)