PLEASE READ: key to maths exam on monday (1 Viewer)

al_x

short*
HSC
I think i found a key point to the sucess in our maths exam on monday guys! no need to study now!

-Swifty-

B.Sc B.A usyd
HSC
its 5..... duh.. :p

Thou it wud be funny to see that done if i was a marker lol!

al_x

short*
HSC
yeah but if u look at the question it doesnt ask u to say what x equals, it just asks u to find x... i fail to see how u could get that wrong... lol!

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
that's funny as.....lol. i doubt id do that even if i didn't know the answer...

DeanM

HSC
phew.. now everyone is prepared if that question comes up on monday... wow i feel better now.. thanks... haha if i was them, i would be more worried about my maths ability, not my english ability :p..

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
al_x said:
I think i found a key point to the sucess in our maths exam on monday guys! no need to study now!
HAHAHAHAHA.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

I just dared my brother to do it in his year 8 maths yearly (Yeah, i'm too chicken to do it myself.)

esieff

Yeah - they should reward the ingenuity of individuals who pick up on things on like that. My English teacher told me a story, as he's the kind of English teacher who tells such unrelated yet thoroughly interesting tales, of a kid when left with an essay of "What has your text revealed about the notion of courage?", simply dropped a line and wrote "This is courage." Then promptly handed it in. Champion.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Which reminds me of a story about a guy from Denmark who was sitting some exams for his physics degree at university, and one of the questions asked how you could use a barometer to calculate the height of a skyscraper.

His solutions included "tie it to the end of a ball of string, and let it down the edge of the building, then measure the length of the string plus the length of the barometer it takes to reach the bottom, or you could find the janitor and offer him a shiny new barometer in exchange for some information about the barometer..." and other such suggestions. He had it marked wrong and then appealed, claiming that science ought to be about thinking outside the square.

This particular guy happened to be one Niels Bohr, whom you'll be familiar with if you do physics.

HSC
when is comes time for the markers to mark the exams they will be flooded with this answer and thinking to themselves....WTF is going on
lol that would be piss funny!
good job!

Girra_girl

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
His solutions included "tie it to the end of a ball of string, and let it down the edge of the building, then measure the length of the string plus the length of the barometer it takes to reach the bottom, or you could find the janitor and offer him a shiny new barometer in exchange for some information about the barometer..." and other such suggestions. He had it marked wrong and then appealed, claiming that science ought to be about thinking outside the square.
That's excellent! Wow, that's the kind of thinking that will change the world! People are always telling us to think out of the box and when someone does they get burnt...what kind of message is that?

al_x

short*
HSC
I think if we should ALL write this in our exam! Come on who's with me! If we all write it, either we will all get it right (quite likely in my opinion) OR we will all get it wrong. Either way, none of us will be desadvantaged. PLUS the examiners will be like "wtf are these maths teachers teaching??? And then they'll all get fired :D

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Do you get a question wrong if you say the answer's equal to or greater than negative infinity and less than or equal to positive infinity?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)