Pompy's special commands (1 Viewer)

Ussia

HSC
I loved this question omg so glad that i study pompey more...
used latin words to .. good stuff whats your thoughts about the question

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
I thought it was the easier of the two, because the Civil War's origins are really very complex. You can actually trace the civil war back to the conflict between the optimates and the populares, although that's probably not what they were aiming for.

I assume the differential in the difficulty of the topics was the reason that Pompey was an 'assess' while the Civil War was just 'explain' - to try to level them out a bit.

I thought that the Pompey question was great. Mithridates, Sertorius, Pirates allowed Pompey to step outside the cursus honorum, led to him becoming very high profile very quickly (eg. his consulship, which was totally illegal under the Sullan constitution), raised his dignitas and authoritas substantially, leading to him gaining lots of power in the 60s.

Cabrello

HSC
I did the other one because I hate the military aspect, but I imagine most of my class probably ended up doing that because thats the quesiton most of them did for the trials.

I was really bummed out that they ignored the second triumvirate. I was hoping for a personality other than Pompey

And on the other question, there was soo much time after I finished the other sections I went all the way back to theoptimates and populares conflict, although given its outside the period I really doubt thats what they wanted aswell...

izzy88

HSC
I was surprised there wasnt an essay question on the later half of the period...like 2nd triumvirate etc...but it was good anyway :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)