Post - high school depression (1 Viewer)

RealEstateAgent

HSC
why is life so serious after highschool and every1 is focused on studies work over having a bit of fun.
i dont have friends at uni and am feeling sick of pretending someone im not.
i love to have fun but every1 around me is serious all the time, and i pretend to be serious too just to fit in college
i also noticed that im not funny as i used to be in highscool i think i might have lost my humor now i cant really talk to people socially apart from just asking random questions like how are you hey long time what u doing

any1 else in te same boat as me??

yangevangelion

HSC
why is life so serious after highschool and every1 is focused on studies work over having a bit of fun.
i dont have friends at uni and am feeling sick of pretending someone im not.
i love to have fun but every1 around me is serious all the time, and i pretend to be serious too just to fit in college
i also noticed that im not funny as i used to be in highscool i think i might have lost my humor now i cant really talk to people socially apart from just asking random questions like how are you hey long time what u doing

any1 else in te same boat as me??
Life does not revolve around having connections with others, but the inner connection with yourself. If people do not want to live their lives to the fullest, so what? Have a read at this quote "You only live once / And we 'bout it every day, every day, every day" (Drake, 2011)

What's the point of living life if you're not having fun? Where's the fulfillment? The philosophy explored by Drake entices that we should have fun 'every day' since we 'only live once'. Also in regards to people making fun of your sense of humour, let them hate. You know the saying "haters gonna hate" (Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!) Would you want people to tell you how you should live your life and thereby becoming a victim of this demoralised society, or would you rather strive to achieve your goals and ambitions?

You decide.

YoloStudent

HSC
N/A
Life does not revolve around having connections with others, but the inner connection with yourself. If people do not want to live their lives to the fullest, so what? Have a read at this quote "You only live once / And we 'bout it every day, every day, every day" (Drake, 2011)

What's the point of living life if you're not having fun? Where's the fulfillment? The philosophy explored by Drake entices that we should have fun 'every day' since we 'only live once'. Also in regards to people making fun of your sense of humour, let them hate. You know the saying "haters gonna hate" (Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!) Would you want people to tell you how you should live your life and thereby becoming a victim of this demoralised society, or would you rather strive to achieve your goals and ambitions?

You decide.
That saying has two ambiguous meanings.
1. You only live once - so go make the most out of life which compliments one of the quotes I remember: "Live so that you die with memories not dreams"
2. You only live once - so be safe, don't have unprotected sex because once you contract a STD such as AIDS and HIV, you're stuck with it for life.

Back to OP, you should never change how you act for the sake of friends and neither should friends act to get you to like them. True friendship goes beyond the mere satisfaction of being in a group based on facades. True friendship arises from commonality or the feeling of companionship, perhaps empathy, with each other.

Don't worry. I, too, have often questioned whether my friends are true or not. In the past, I have fabricated a facade but just as how Nora fabricates her facade in order to appeal to societal expectation (in our case, this metaphorically means our friend's expectation), I will end up "wishing to tear it to pieces" because I cannot handle it. So I slammed the door (I walked out on those friends) and moved to a group where people respect my true self and I respect their's. Don't be that Nora. Be yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)