postmodernism - essay (1 Viewer)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
what did everyone else think? i thought it was a pretty good question, cos i hate the ones where they have quotes and then a question on top of that. it was also a perfect theme for my related texts ('resistence' etc).

i wish it hadn't been so good.. i only went TWENTY fucking minutes over time... blegh

i wrote like 13 pages and i have small writing. my creative really suffered but oooh well i'm happy with the essay

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
great question - thank god for no confusing quotes to somehow give relevance to

wish i'd had more to say; was far too general with it all

Leanne

HSC
lol spin spin sugar!!!
yeah i'm very happy with the essay as well...14 pages with my kinda large writing..but i made sure that i stopped at the 1 hour mark- but in the end i probably could have gone for longer- ran out of things to say ffor creative piece....i crapped on a bit too much for that...but meh!!! if i get 70% like the trials i'll be happy!

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
ps fuck it's RESISTENCE? omg i totally used that word about a billion times with an A in it somewhere

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
no no i think i spelled it wrong...

Originally posted by Leanne
..but i made sure that i stopped at the 1 hour mark-
i noticed that! i looked at the clock when one hour had passed and saw you closing all your booklets and stuff and i was like "arrgghhh" but i kept going anyway... blah.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
lol...

sucked a bit for me since dead white males is against post modernism, so was possession, and that left orlando really resisting against the general status quo...

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by AsyLum
lol...

sucked a bit for me since dead white males is against post modernism, so was possession, and that left orlando really resisting against the general status quo...
hah yeah i had some trouble with that too,
ended up doing representation of resistance to mainstream or some such nonsense-- basically because 'mainstream' was left pretty open and could be defined in a number of ways

either way i think i ruined my essay by doing DWM and didn't really make up for it with related or with Orlando

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
hehe its weird cos the texts while being post modern, their intentions, or rather their composers intentions, were against it....maybe they should have thought of that stupid BoS

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
hopefully they'll change it all for next years kids after reading my mangled attempt to make the entire world postmodern :D

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
hahha

define postmodernism.....wasnt it the first lesson when we found out you couldnt...

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
we were slow moving and didn't get to its un-defineable-ness 'til the third lesson i think... too busy learning how to spell and pronounce it and "lieutenant".

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
hahah....

its almost as bad as telling those maths kids to define pi or something hahha

Muse

omg guys, i mean, it was a really fair and good question, but im soooooo scared because i wrote 32 pages and the markers will get sooooo shitty with my rambling...

so sometimes quantity is seriously a disadvantage..

Lolliana

Originally posted by AsyLum
lol...

i talked about how orlando and my related texts resisted the mainstream,
and how nowdays postmodernism has become an accepted part of literary and cultural studies, and in turn postmodernism resists categorisation as postmodern

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)