practice questions (1 Viewer)

HSC
just wandering if anyone knew the extended response questions from this year's CSSA and/or independent trials.

im happy to put up james ruses's 2002 and 2001 eco questions, and nsbhs, nsghs, sbhs, sghs, and fshs questions up in return (ps. last year, james ruse got the eco questions spot on for the hsc)

Spike

Here are this years CSSA Trail questions...

Analyse the impact of recent changes in the value of the Australian dollar on the Australian economy.

Analyse the consequences of unemployment on individuals, firms and goverment

Analyse the policy option available to the Australian goverment to achieve economic objectives..

could you please post some of those practice questions I was actully looking for em :D

kaseita

Independent:

q25. Discuss the use of macroeconomic and microeconoimc policies by the Australian Government to achieve full employment.
(insert graph of unemployment rate of australia, 1981-2003)

q26. Discuss the effectiveness of monetary policy in controlling inflation in the Australian economy.
(insert graph of headline CPI and ongoing inflation, jun-95 - jun-03)

q27. Analyse the impact of globalisation on Australia's Balance of Payments and exchange rate.

q28. With reference to an economy other than Australia, analyse the impact of globalisation on its standard of living and strategies for economic development

HSC
its good to see that the capitalist ideals of competition and self-interest that are so profound in economics have not yet infiltrated elements of market exchange or desire for trade...

sorry, i let the economics get to me. thanks guys for posting up teh questions... and as promised, here are the jrahs, fshs, and nsghs questions. the nsbhs, sghs are remarkably similar to the cssa and independent questions.

jrahs 2002:

25. Discuss the general effects of economic policy on the Australia economy, and explain how the government is restricted in the simultaneous achievement of economic objectives.

26. Examine the causes and effects of inflation, and discuss the policies used by the Australian government to control inflation in recent years.

27. Discuss the effect of protectionist policies on the global economy, and assess the impact of international attempts to reduce protection.

28. Examine the impact of changes in the global economy on Australias internal and external stability.

fshs 2002:

25. Discuss the policy options available to the government to address the conflict in economic objectives between unemployment and inflation.

26. same as q25 of independent

27. same as q26 of independent

28. Analyse the impact of globalisation on international organizations and contemporary trading bloc agreements.

the remaining schools' trials are just a different arrangement of the questions from the cssa, independent, jrahs, and fshs, or at least extremely similar in form.

btw... what was q25 of cssa?

thanx

kaseita

Catholic q25:

Analyse the impact of globalisation on economic growth, quality of life and external stability of global economies.

one of those extremely broad types. Has a table of "Percentage of People in relative poverty throughout the global economy"

hehe, but don't you see? If we don't trade, then we don't improve ourselves, or our access to information, and in effect, we're placing protection against each other, which eventually isn't beneficial for any party :p
so while we may compete, we don't compete to the extent of trying to restrict information from each other, or we end up with retaliatory actions against each other.
man, I can't believe I still remember this stuff. I should be studying for physics!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)