Pre Selected Ppl (1 Viewer)

silbi

Did you think you would get in?
What was your works based on?~~

I really didnt think id get pre selected ~coz our artclass was sooo good... theres works there i would buy for sure~~~ and it was a bit of a shock when i got a call this morning saying i got pre selected =)

My works were based on the $5 note.. i studied it in detail and expanded the idea of the geometrical shapes~ and made it into abstract work.. (really it looks like an art table, with splashes of accidental paint droppings) hahaha and yeah when looking from afar you can see the face of the $5 note etc... =)~ anyways congratz to everyone else.... =)

Last edited:

NeverSummer

You got a call? For what?

I wasnt sure if my work would be preselected. I thought it would have, but then i got like a really low mark for it, like bottom half for sure.

Its a large abstract landscape..oil on canvas and other stuff like ink/bitumen...
The concept is to do with Australian landscape painting and musical influence. "Synesthesia"

NeverSummer

Oh right. I thought it was from the ArtX people or something.

Yeh i got a call from my 'teacher' saying he recieved two letters notifying of my pre-selection. So i guess if i do make it, i'll have both parts of my painting exhibited. Bonus!

orange

one of my classmate and my work have been select to art express... our topic are both about pollution, and industrial. so what about you guys??? and anyone sold your work here? how much did you get?

DC10

1 in 4 chance - e.g. 200 works from 800 pre-selected...
each year the 'theme' is different, so.... :) just depends on their theme :D

allyteaded

I couldn't tell ya whether I thought I'd get in. I know I worked towards it like no tomorrow. I could say that I was really thrilled when I opened that letter - but not all entirely shocked. Then again, it takes a lot to shock/scare me.

I don't know - my themes aren't consistent throughout my body of work. One is a manga (japanese-style comic) which is told through a poem I wrote. I've sold three copies for $18 each. (Only because of the stupid printing costs so I really had no profits.) The poem is addressed to a friend, climbing a cliff is used as a metaphor for the journey of life. And it asserts the need for one to perservere under the most difficult circumstances.

Also my pastel works (I seriously hope they DON'T make it in - I mean I look at it compared to other peoples art works and I'm like... noooo way....) were about a childhood memory - finding a seed, planting it, watching it grow into a tulip then finding it had been pulled out by someone else. Hahha.. harsh. But I guess it's all about personal growth as an individual in this world.

The website - was about both works and explained everything behind it. It's really shyt... I don't know why it didn't bring my marks down. I've probably got the lowest mark possible in band six and just barely scraped in...

As for art express - I don't think I have a chance of getting in at all anymore besides being part of the 800. I'm just glad to have gotten a high mark! Wheeeeeee!!! hehehhe....

Last edited:

SilentAngel

Hey, allyteaded, I really liked your work...(its probably 'cos both you and I chose a similar "style" (eg. manga) to work in...and the fact that I sorta know how much effort it takes to make a great work in the style.....hell, I worked practically every day of the HSC on my work in some way, shape or form)

My theme......well....I don't think I can fully explain it in words....its basically just about people's struggles against the evils in society.

But yeah, my one was pre-selected also - the morning of 1 of my exams (the day I was intending on picking my works up to take home) my art teacher comes up to me and says "congrats!" and I didn't know what she was going on about...hehe. Then I found out I was pre-selected.....and I was like "huh? no way!"

But given the quality of the work of others who've gotten in, I really don't think I stand a chance against them :( So i'm just content with being in the top 800.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)