Pre-uni tutoring (1 Viewer)

vizman

HSC
hey, fellas im a yr10 students at the moment and picking up maths ext1, english, physics, chem at pre-uni since we're startin yr11 in term 4. hav u guys been there, anyone think its any good.

regards

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
if u realli want a good pre-uni place, go to homebush head office. apparantly the maths r retti good.. but i am not sure about english. =\
teachers r so bludgy

P

pLuvia

You start year 11 in term 4, how odd. Pre-uni is ok, yeh as mitsui said you should go to the head office, better chance of getting good teachers.

However, I go to North Shore for MX1, and they're really good

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
in my opinion, pre-uni's pretty ok. i don't like it coz they don't help you with your school work, they give you more work. i don't like that idea, i prefer one-to-one tutors where they focus on only you. i've had experience with pre-uni and james ann coaching places, and i didn't like both of them.

but then again, its a personal preference

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
ROFL I saw them in the paper today... bragging that they have kids from selective highs;

David Lee, the manager of Pre-Uni New College in Strathfield, says 250 year 12 students have this year been tutored for the HSC. They include students from James Ruse Agricultural High School, the leading school in NSW for the past decade, as well as other government selectives such as North Sydney Boys, North Sydney Girls and Baulkham Hills high schools. Others came from the high-fee King's School and Trinity Grammar.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/high-stress-crisis/2005/10/09/1128796409592.html

FroZenWaffleS

HSC
I've had like 4 years of Pre uni tutoring ( stopped in early yr 9).

IMO the early years of Pre uni were the best, their good at tutoring at the later stages of primary school but when it got to Year 9, they seemed to stop caring and the classes got to a ridcolous size of 30. And this was in homebush and I hate it so much that i wanted my money back. and the science teacher just gave everyone A's when we didnt do anything for the whole term.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Did you learn anything? I too find that group sessions are great until yr10-yr11ish, whereby private is probably a better experience.

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
pre uni

hey,
ive gone 2 eng and phy.chem for preu uni at homebush head offi ce

they hav excellent teachers (dunno bout other offices) but ask for prescotts..shes heaps good and robert also.
the chem/ phy teachers r also great - one of em is the guy who wrties surfin boooks ..but hes kinda mmm..lazu..lol...so ask for the otehr teacher

FroZenWaffleS

HSC
yeah i did learn something although there are some people who dont care in the class so that makes it difficult. I remember doing maths there and i didnt get none of the stuff the teacher taught.

The last english tutor i had that pre uni was i think mrs prescott, the teacher who teaches at ashfield although i found an apparently better english teacher.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
The chem and phys in yr 11/12 is great, im currently doing both at homebush, both the teachers are hsc markers and are really helping me out

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Yes they are, lol, the 4:30pm classes after school are almost full, but if you come to the 6:15pm class, it's alot more quieter, each class goes for 1hr 45 mins for phys and chem in yr 12.

nookie

HSC
i went to homebush pre uni for english and maths this year terms 2 & 3. i reckon robert wills is good at explaining..he actually made eng a bit interesting for me.

didn't really enjoy maths though!

thunda

HSC
how much did they charge per hour (or per term)?

FroZenWaffleS

HSC
nookie said:
i went to homebush pre uni for english and maths this year terms 2 & 3. i reckon robert wills is good at explaining..he actually made eng a bit interesting for me.

didn't really enjoy maths though!
did you have that old baldy guy?

nookie

HSC
nope, the bald guy is ric, i've only had him for one lesson. he's pretty good at explaining as well.

FroZenWaffleS

HSC
Well the last time i went the whole class didnt really want to listen to him, only the people who sat the front really listened.

I think the current Pre Uni at homebush is joke, they promised us (the people who been at Pre uni the longest) that we would all move to the new building at strathfield in 2001 but they didnt happen, then they said we would move in the following year and the following year and none of that happened. It was a big scam, they put the picture of the new building on the letters they sent us, the building looked so great, i was looking forward to it cause the classes were so big in homebush and the rooms were so small.
Then I felt I was getting ripped off at the start of the 2nd term during year 9 and went to Sefton.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Lol, english teachers tend to be good at explaining things, otherwise they wouldn't be teaching english. :D

Riviet

HSC
N/A
FroZenWaffleS said:
Anyone of you who are currently at Pre Uni moved to the new building down at strathfield??????
There's a new building? I'm still at the fairly new building at homebush.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)