prepared essays for eco... (1 Viewer)

Spike

what topics are you guys taking prepared essays into the exam for...

i want to make one but i have no idea ?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Ive prepared 10 essays i think
*Case study (south korea)
*general globalisation of world economies
*general on australia in the global
*protection/free trade
*exchange rates
*inflation and unemployment
*economic growth and macroeconomic reform (broad on inf/unemp/ext. stability)
*microreform
*distribution income/wealth
*environment

I have a week between physics and economics where I'll cram it all in

Spike

thank u thats very helpful...

now do u think if you have all 10 of htem going into the exam
ull be right for any essay they throw at you?

kaseita

haven't bothered learning any prepared essays...just making sure I know the stuff, so I can answer anything they throw at me. of course will do practice essays, but won't try and memorise them...

*Britney*

just learn the content everthing in eco links up, a chain reaction effect!prepared essays are good but can be too direct just know the work ansa the Q know the syllabus etc:)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Spike
thank u thats very helpful...

now do u think if you have all 10 of htem going into the exam
ull be right for any essay they throw at you?
I think so, ive written my essays quite broad so it can encompass any sort of question, and im confident in mix-and-matching from diff. essays to suit the question...and ive covered the whole syllabus with those 10
the thing is, even though i dont get a question on a particular essay, i can still apply bits of it in the short answer questions, and thats a plus too

Sarah

HSC
N/A
hey MinAi, do prepared essays actually work?

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Prepared essays at your own school usually works, cause you just guess what question your teacher will give you.

For the HSC, my prepared essays for english and especially modern history didn't work.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Sarah
hey MinAi, do prepared essays actually work?
yes they do
but thats for me personally
u have to understand everything u have prepared, and a bit more, because obviously u dont know the question, so you have to adjust a bit
but for economics u actually know what they are gonna ask u, but u dont know how (discuss/analyse/evalute etc) and u dont know in which combination (eg, effectivness of macro policy in relation to inflation and unemployment, or...discuss government policies that promotes economic growth)

by preparing a broad essay based on everything that u can concisely fit into a reasonable amount of pages (making sure obviously that u can write everythin within a time limit), u can cover any type of question, and because u already understand the topic, u can add things that u didnt prepare for, to suit the style of question

it worked for me in english as well (even with the module B conversation) and I get pretty good marks for both English and Economics
but thats purely my method
it might work differently for some ppl..jessika for example

boycalledfox

minai, i admire your dedication. i truly wish i was set up like that. unless i can write 10 essays in a week... it won't happen.

is all the info. you use for your essays from the textbook?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
well
I have a physics exam 2morrow...and i can tell u, im far from set with that, as opposed to eco... :D

u can adopt that method in a week, instead of simply writing notes from the text as just "notes", try writing them in essay format. That way, u have a semi prepared essay, and notes at the same time!

and my info in a combo of textbooks (Dixon, Updated series and Excel) also I use lecture notes i have, and for current stats, i use those economic update newsletters
so its best if u use lots of material to piece an essay together

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)