Preparing for Software HSC Exam (1 Viewer)

Rahul

Dead Member
I found that studying the left hand column of the syllabus a waste of time, none of that was in the trials, the cssa one. now i am presuming that the focus of the sdd paper is on the right hand column, skills.

what advice would u have or what your teacher has given you?

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Lol, I just turn up on the day :D, well, maybe a little before the exam can't hurt. I'm not sure if this would work for most people, but the few hours before the exam is most important, well for me, thats when I study for sdd and either come 1st or 2nd while most of the rest study days before and don't get close :p

As for the advice from the teacher, I generally don't listen as none of it would help me. SDD is a do on your own subject for me.

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
My teacher said to do sample questions on the areas that you dont do well in...for my class...we all did bad in MC, so that. He also told me to write neater.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Chand
He also told me to write neater.
Heh, I don't really think that it matters that much, my friends handwritting is on the verge of illegible and I mean illegible but still it passes for english :D. Multiple choice is stupid, lots of ambiguous questions and some even have two answers! WTF?!?!

tieki

I know...I generally just know the course stuff, by reading through the textbook, coz my summaries are often pretty long...everybody else seems to hate software in my class, but I like it, and am consistently coming 1st-3rd in everything :)

Kn1ght_M4r3

Originally posted by enak
Heh, I don't really think that it matters that much, my friends handwritting is on the verge of illegible and I mean illegible but still it passes for english :D. Multiple choice is stupid, lots of ambiguous questions and some even have two answers! WTF?!?!
uMm if its incredibly hard to read then the markers won't mark it they will give it a big 0. :chainsaw: hehhe My teacher told me cause they can't go around trying to figure out what the hell you wrote so make sure u people can read your writing. ehhehe I kn0w coz my friend was lucky enough to get a lunch time to read his answers to the teacher, otherwise he would of gotten a 0 for all of it, but he gave him a chance.

and about studying, i dunno, read the book make ur own n0tes up [ ones u understand ] and do some questions from past papers. My SDD teacher is setting up a class after skool just to practice answering the past papers. :D not many papers though lol :D

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
Originally posted by enak
yeah but my teacher said its easier for the marker, whos doin this at nite, after a day at school to give out more marks..maxamise your marks is something im hoping to do.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Kn1ght_M4r3
uMm if its incredibly hard to read then the markers won't mark it they will give it a big 0. :chainsaw: hehhe My teacher told me cause they can't go around trying to figure out what the hell you wrote so make sure u people can read your writing. ehhehe I kn0w coz my friend was lucky enough to get a lunch time to read his answers to the teacher, otherwise he would of gotten a 0 for all of it, but he gave him a chance.

and about studying, i dunno, read the book make ur own n0tes up [ ones u understand ] and do some questions from past papers. My SDD teacher is setting up a class after skool just to practice answering the past papers. :D not many papers though lol :D
If that's the case, then my friend is going to get 0 for english and ext english, he's currently first.

Kn1ght_M4r3

LOL. Well im not saying he will get a 0 for sure, but the marker can choose not to mark the paper because its illegible, and after a hard days work i believe they don't really wanna spend their time decoding the writing. :D but im sure they will at least give it a go at trying to read it. But if i were u id write a little more neatly then u won't have to worry about it. 0therwize u might regret it :rolleyes:

-X-

HSC
N/A
Men i cant think/create algorithms under pressure :(
I can do it any time in the comfort of my home though.

Rahul

Dead Member
the bitch of the whole thing is when u think u have solved the problem but end up getting 9/20 for the section!:chainsaw:

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
I don't usually stress myself out during exams, I take it easy :)

Try to put yourself under a lot of stress, then try and relieve it like 5 minutes before the exam, it might help, you can't perform well under stress, unless you live on it.

tieki

I live on stress and caffiene...lol, makes a good combination...

Anyway, someone at my school suggested stress balls for everyone doing the HSC, but then someone else said we might break them...lol

Kn1ght_M4r3

Stress ballz? ahhah u can't actually break them unless u don't squeeze them but u try to rip them lol. i kn0w for a fact coz ive tried lol. and they don't work its better to throw the stress ball at someone coz it keeps u entertained lol.

tieki

Sorry, but I just noticed, it might be the browser I'm using (Opera 7), but Rahul's "niggers" seem to be going absolutely crazy-fast...lol

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by tieki
Sorry, but I just noticed, it might be the browser I'm using (Opera 7), but Rahul's "niggers" seem to be going absolutely crazy-fast...lol
i see that sometimes, do u have macs?

no probelem for me on IE6

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)