pressure (1 Viewer)

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
Hey guys!
I was just wondering what everyone reckons about the pressure placed on hsc students to go well and to get into uni. Do you reckon you're feeling any pressure yet?

I've got to do a speech on it for a local comp thingy..so any help u guys can give me would be great!

Thanx heaps!!

alby

cool duckie
HSC
there isnt as much pressure for most kids as there was before...mabey for sum, but prolly not the majority cuz of tafe, repeating hsc, etc as abdooooo!!! sed

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I wouldnt say there is much pressure to do well, but to do your best there is alot of pressure sometimes too much, but normally its pretty low.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
i remember some1 had a sig as dont worry there's always tafe...

sometimes tafe isn't an option for some ppl...though the pressure is enormous and stress argghh im feeling it now being the HSC is in October...so soon.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
of course there is pressure, if you want to go to uni you need the highest uai you can get, which means you have to work as hard as you can and get every mark you can.

but people shouldn't let the pressure build up and take over their lives. there is more to life than the hsc, and than going to uni as soon as you finish school. (remember you can wait 3 years to be a mature age student)

suz

HSC
To an extent there is pressure, i.e from parents, teachers but I think in my case it was ME who put the most pressure on myself
Everyone deals with pressure differently, just don't let it get the better of you
In the words of iambored "there is more to life than the hsc"
No truer words were spoken lol

Lainee

HSC
There's always pressure when I start thinking of post-HSC and what lies after that for me. Worst when I'm trying to fall asleep though, always have to get up at least twice to check I've done all my work before I can get to sleep. >.<

When I get into the work though, the stress of 'the big picture' gets put aside to give brain space for study. :) When the stress/pressure REALLY packs in though is after exams and before papers come back. Absolutely worst time for me... keep on going over the papers over and over and making myself physically sick.

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
maybe not alot of pressure.. but believe u can create pressure for urself if u are really determined to achieve your goals

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
I dunno, I think there is a general belief that if you don't make it to Uni it's the be all end all. But really when you think about it isn't - just about all year 12's are really capable, but what with the competition these days and fiddling around with your marks/ scaling..........hmm.......just my opinion.

santaslayer

HSC
pressure only exists depending on the way u look at things...i dont really think external pressure is the strongest form of energy to drive u to do something to perfection.....i reckon its wot the level of pressure u give urself that is most significant..

HSC
Although my dad didnt directly place any pressure on me, i know that he (and the rest of my family) really expected me to do well. However, he was shocked, and thrilled with my end result - exceeding his expectations.

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
I was relaxed about year 12 before my principal called me to his office and told me that he was expecting big things from me this year. He was going on about how the class of 2003 created a platform for my school to become well known and that it was up to specific students in class of 2004 to build on that platform. It was awful.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i've never experienced direct pressure like being dragged into the principal's office but its more of the subtle hints that the teachers expect u to do well and get a band 6. i think thats the worse but i just try to ignore it...:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)