Pretty please share your wisdom 08ers (1 Viewer)

sarahaussiegirl

HSC
Hey,

Well I am beginning to go through and choose my pieces and topics for my vivas, could you guys give us some advice as to combinations of out electives, what works and what doesn't? Also, thoughts on playing the piano and singing? My teacher iss really vague.

Thanks!

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
I didn't do Viva for the HSC, so I can't help ya there.

Playing and singing on the piano can be good or bad for you, remember they mark your singing and your piano playing. If your better at one than the other, I reccomend choosing the better and doing the best you can. If you do sing and play at the same time, your piano has to be up to scratch with what your singing.
Also, choose a song to perform that you won't get sick of later in the year.

I did solo piano for my HSC, in the style of Boogie-Woogie/Honky Tonk. I was the first person to play that style in the HSC, and the markers told me that it was a refreshing change. My teacher thinks I may have got marks for deviation out of the conventional.

Try and do something original or something that not many people will do. Remember that there will probably be thousands of classical players, and thousands that sing pop ballads behind the piano.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)