Previous Film MajorWorks??? anybody?? plz help! (1 Viewer)

taleb

HSC
Im thinking of making a documentary instead of a short film but i just want to see some previous works before i can start planning my own. im especially interested in seeing the level of professionalism and expertise. anybody know any links on this site or any other sites? any help will be muchly appreciated!

Kabbasi

HSC
taleb said:
Im thinking of making a documentary instead of a short film but i just want to see some previous works before i can start planning my own. im especially interested in seeing the level of professionalism and expertise. anybody know any links on this site or any other sites? any help will be muchly appreciated!

Try YouTube hon, there are a few nice works there. I'm doing a short film to and was sort of tossing up the two as well (as in doc and vid style)

taleb

HSC
Thanx 4 that! hope everything goes well for you!

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
Hiiii :wave:

you might want to check out the past MWs forum here, people who have uploaded films have them on YouTube or as a downloadable goody off some other server. In general I'd suggest downloading all the MWs there because most of the stories are quite awesome, especially HinikuTheNinja's work ^__^

The quality of these vids scared me away from doing it as my major work >_< You could pull it off though Taleb, mainly cause all your work for Ext 1 has been funky :D

Regards
Dani

taleb

HSC
WTF? bbq hello!!! fancy seeing you here ;) thanx 4 da help!!! n u cud have easily done film with your SKILLS - but we dont wanna go there now do we ;))) cya at skool!!!!!!!!

BradCube

HSC
Hi taleb,

I'm not sure how much luck you will have finding X2 documentaries to learn from. I think I may have only ever seen one. It could have been in the 2005 Major works thread, but I can't remember correctly.

I'm not sure how much help mine will be as it is not a documentary, but I will give you a URL anyway.

http://www.users.on.net/~medowieallens/the_certain_deconstruction.wmv

I may be able to give you a hand with technical knowledge if you need it. There is a fair amount of computer work to be done, and there may be some things I can help you with that will boost the quality of your work... then again it may not ;). But I will be happy to give you a hand where needed either way.

cblok

HSC
Uni Grad
Documentaries are a great format for extension 2 english videos! They stand out from pack of narrative shorts and also present a surprisingly broad array of ways to conceptualise your work. Look around on youtube and keep your eye open for SBS and even TVS (Channel 31 UHF) gems.

Recently, this one has particularly struck me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGCJ46vyR9o

Also if you (or anyone else making a film/video for EXE2, Drama or Art) are interested, I run workshops for this kind of thing. We work on script and storyboard development, planning, casting, all aspects of shooting and editing - also assessments. I have been doing this for quite a while now and have significant experience in this field. There's a lot more information on this site about my workshops if you search around for "cblok". Goodluck, my email is writers_blok_productions@hotmail.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)