printing to the edge (1 Viewer)

Chickadee

Ameslee
HSC
hope someone can help me, just wondering if anyone knows how to print something right to the edge of a piece of A4 paper. I have tried using microsoft word and adobe acrobat.

can anyone help?

sunny

meh.
HSC
Pull the margins as close to the end as possible and ignore any software warnings. If you can't do it, its a physical limitation if your printer.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah some of the older/cheaper printers dont support borderless printing....

What printer you have?

Chickadee

Ameslee
HSC
Deus said:
Yeah some of the older/cheaper printers dont support borderless printing....

What printer you have?
i have a lexmark X5150, hope that helps

Chickadee

Ameslee
HSC
borderless printing

ok borderless printing, does anyone know if the Lexmark series can print borderless documents??

ive tried looking everywhere for the answer no luck! The only close i found was the following:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tip: Borderless Printing
Regular printing has a border of margins around the edges of the page. You can remove this border so the image or text fills the entire page. Click open the File menu of the program you’re using and select Print. In the Print dialog box click the Preferences / Properties button, and then select the Print Layout tab. Click the bullet marked Borderless, and then select a paper size in the pull-down menu that appears. Finally, click the Print button to begin printing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
but when you get to print layout tab, there is no buller marked borderless, which probably means that this printer is unable to do this

ReaveR

HSC
In Word you can just drag the rulers up top and side so there are no borders, try that (as MedNez said).

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
If you don't have the borderless option, then it's odds-on that the printer can't do it. Having no margins in Word is useless if the printer can't print it.

I_F

Chickadee

Ameslee
HSC
yea i dont think the printer has the borderless printing function, ive looked everywhere for it, oh well, just got to find a printer that can do it. thanks all anyways

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)