Problems with dorm offers anyone? (1 Viewer)

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
imsooverskool said:
the reason why all you guys are being screwed over is because ANU is the most disorganised uni on the face of the planet!
so very, very true!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Guests of ANU choose to stay in the fabulous on-campus accomodation, but are forced by us to stay at the East Gippsland Hotel Motel. Giving new meaning to the term 'cockroach infested fire-trap'

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Look on the plus you get the back packer experience thrown in free with ur degree lol.

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
Himezaki said:
oh dear god...what's this motel thing you are going on about???
im not sure if they are still using it but people were put into the Rex hotel, otherwise known to those that have stayed there as rex hell! i just hope for ur sake that u dont end up there

imsooverskool

HSC
cherryblossom said:
what the hell do they select you on?
criteria I mean.
basically they seem to select on academic results and your assumed ability to contribute to college life

Ziff

HSC
N/A
imsooverskool said:
basically they seem to select on academic results and your assumed ability to contribute to college life
I'm shit at both and they chose me for B&G :p

imsooverskool

HSC
yeh i know ziff im crap at both as well and i still got into college!!! thats just the general spiel that the admin of all the colleges gives for how they select their resies

mewcou

I got into Bruce (1st pref). I don't remember ever submitting any personal info and my UAI was far from spectacular. Luck?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
In was told that nobody was kicked out but it has definatly been a bureaucratic bungle.

Anyone in B&G have Fenner as first pref?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I tried pre-empting them with a personal statement, like gemita suggested, but I dont know if that worked. We got the second hand offers yesterday, based on people not meeting accom. deadlines...what we did to end up in the second round is still a mystery.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Sux to be you people, well my room at B&G should open up mid year (i hope).

Did anyone put Fenner 1st, B&G 2nd and get an offer for B&G?

Himezaki

Teh Train Ninja!
HSC
finally gotten my offer for fenner today - farkkkk too so long and such a stressful process...if this crap continues i'm gonna transfer out of ANU to another university which has its stuff together

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
imsooverskool said:
as in...
please elaborate?
like how much community service you've done, sporting achievements? I've got no idea here :s

Paroissien

HSC
Different colleges must have different selection criteria, because for Ursula I didn't have to supply any real info. They didn't know anything about me, but I still got a place

dazzi_dani

HSC
at johns you had to fill out a form, send in 2 written acedemic references and a photo and then have a formal 1/2hour interview if you were still being considered

kenny75

HSC
There is no real "selection criteria" that they pick you on... I guess that it really is by random chances, and the need to balance the type of resident they have based on gender, race, where you're from, what degree you do etc etc. Last year, theres a lot of Arts/Law people at Ursula, so i assume this year they won't pick as much of them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)