Productivity - Can u guys give feedback on this (1 Viewer)

medaspirant

HSC
sup guys,
just wanted some feedback on how i manage my time / days, cuz i seem to be only completing like 60-70% of my set tasks and this is getting extremely annoying, like i want some feedback on whether im just trying to do much or im genuinely just not managing time effectively. ill have below what i try to do everyday (with today as example) and what subjects i do and yh im aiming for as close to 99.95. also note since its holidays rather than doing multiple subjects per day i just prefer to grind out one subject per day but ig amount of work stays constant each day
subjects i do
maths ext 2 and 1
eng adv
phys
chem
theres one more sub but i cant drop it rn (school doesnt allow) but will by end of term - basically all resources r focused on the above 10 units.

in an ideal world i strived to do this today:
- Complete Ch2. Proofs Camb
- Complete Ch2 Proofs Fitz
- Complete Ch8 Vectors
- Complete Ch10 Vectprs Fitz
- Complete Revision Worksheets (20 MCQ's)
- UCAT Revison / Practice - VR

What i got completed today:
- Ch2. Proofs Camb
- Ch8 Vectors Camb (4 exercises done out of 7)
- Revision Worksheets (20 MCQ's)

yh so like this is kinda recurring and like im getting this backlog building up and its getting annoying cuz days till holidays end and hsc (280) r getting less, is it that im just trying to do too much and also im kinda the guy who prefers to complete like above 90% of the questions in the exercises.

also like how would you guys suggest to manage revision, like i have a list of questions from the textbooks that i thought were a bit hard / required more thinking should i do those first and then proceed to past papers, like is their a set strategy or like some guide kinda thing that i can follow?

just realised sos if this is like somewhat long and stuff

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
also like how would you guys suggest to manage revision, like i have a list of questions from the textbooks that i thought were a bit hard / required more thinking should i do those first and then proceed to past papers, like is their a set strategy or like some guide kinda thing that i can follow?
Revision depends on the person, so for me I reflected after assignments/exams and noticed my maths marks were mostly being lost due to the hard questions. So I trained my mindset on how to approach hard questions when doing past papers so that definitely helped so much (went from getting like 70s in 4u trials to ~90). Also for me for biology and physics I felt like content was more important since I was pretty good at answering questions I haven't seen before, so I learnt the content really in depth and that worked.

idkkdi

HSC
sup guys,
just wanted some feedback on how i manage my time / days, cuz i seem to be only completing like 60-70% of my set tasks and this is getting extremely annoying, like i want some feedback on whether im just trying to do much or im genuinely just not managing time effectively. ill have below what i try to do everyday (with today as example) and what subjects i do and yh im aiming for as close to 99.95. also note since its holidays rather than doing multiple subjects per day i just prefer to grind out one subject per day but ig amount of work stays constant each day
subjects i do
maths ext 2 and 1
eng adv
phys
chem
theres one more sub but i cant drop it rn (school doesnt allow) but will by end of term - basically all resources r focused on the above 10 units.

in an ideal world i strived to do this today:
- Complete Ch2. Proofs Camb
- Complete Ch2 Proofs Fitz
- Complete Ch8 Vectors
- Complete Ch10 Vectprs Fitz
- Complete Revision Worksheets (20 MCQ's)

What i got completed today:
- Ch2. Proofs Camb
- Ch8 Vectors Camb (4 exercises done out of 7)
- Revision Worksheets (20 MCQ's)

yh so like this is kinda recurring and like im getting this backlog building up and its getting annoying cuz days till holidays end and hsc (280) r getting less, is it that im just trying to do too much and also im kinda the guy who prefers to complete like above 90% of the questions in the exercises.

just realised sos if this is like somewhat long and stuff
switching subjects when u start slowing down helps with efficiency during a day.

also wtf, did u do all of ch2 proofs camb in that day? that's crazy fast lol

Last edited:

medaspirant

HSC
switching subjects when u start slowing down helps with efficiency during a day.

also wtf, did u do all of ch2 proofs camb in that day? that's crazy fast lol
id done proofs last holidays from same textbook and then once at tuition and in school from another textbook, so yh i was able to do it today in 6hrs 30mins. considering that its like my4th time doing this chapter is that still fast? or is it slow? ig depends from person to person but yh even today id left out like12ish questions in total from the 6 exrcises

medaspirant

HSC
Revision depends on the person, so for me I reflected after assignments/exams and noticed my maths marks were mostly being lost due to the hard questions. So I trained my mindset on how to approach hard questions when doing past papers so that definitely helped so much (went from getting like 70s in 4u trials to ~90). Also for me for biology and physics I felt like content was more important since I was pretty good at answering questions I haven't seen before, so I learnt the content really in depth and that worked.
ah ok that actually makes sense thx bro

idkkdi

HSC
id done proofs last holidays from same textbook and then once at tuition and in school from another textbook, so yh i was able to do it today in 6hrs 30mins. considering that its like my4th time doing this chapter is that still fast? or is it slow? ig depends from person to person but yh even today id left out like12ish questions in total from the 6 exrcises
absolute grinder. respec.

6hrs still very fast. you clearly write quite quickly.

4321suomynona

HSC
bruh this guys a crazy grinder. Personally tryna do a bit everyday. I dont believe in finishing a whole chapter in maths only to forget it in a few weeks. Ive seen that i was able to finish module 5 chem and do like 2 textbooks worth of questions for that module in 2 weeks but without the consistent revision in school and again in tutoring i wouldnt have been able to have all the knowledge at hand at any moment. Hence im doing like a little bit of each of my subejcts everyday

nourished.

HSC
sup guys,
just wanted some feedback on how i manage my time / days, cuz i seem to be only completing like 60-70% of my set tasks and this is getting extremely annoying, like i want some feedback on whether im just trying to do much or im genuinely just not managing time effectively.
Yeah, I wouldn't stress about it.

Gradually, you'll get to a point where the tasks you've finished will compound, and the tasks you haven't finished will lessen. And these 60-70% completion rates will start to look a lot higher. You'll also become more efficient at studying, and so you'll be able to get more stuff done per day over time. If you're hitting 60-70% completion rates consistently, you're on the right track.

charly1

HSC
It seems to me that you are quite productive, and you demand a lot from yourself.

I’ve never been able to do more than 45 minutes at a time. When I really have to, I can do 2 sessions back to back with a 10-15 minute break in between (so a variation on pomodoro I guess).

I do much better if I can get some exercise between sessions... so 2 45 minute sessions, then a run, then 2 more, then something else, then 2 more again...

Also, I found that listening to music helped me study. But that’s a very personal thing - it either works or it totally doesn’t

4321suomynona

HSC
It seems to me that you are quite productive, and you demand a lot from yourself.

I’ve never been able to do more than 45 minutes at a time. When I really have to, I can do 2 sessions back to back with a 10-15 minute break in between (so a variation on pomodoro I guess).

I do much better if I can get some exercise between sessions... so 2 45 minute sessions, then a run, then 2 more, then something else, then 2 more again...

Also, I found that listening to music helped me study. But that’s a very personal thing - it either works or it totally doesn’t
lmao, listening to music defos helps me study too. Music really helps me separate my mind and helps focus. But i feel as though im only able to listen to music while grinding through questions like specifcally mathematical ones(even some chem and phys ones). When it comes to english my brain cant process both the music and reading/writing essays at the same time lol.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
lmao, listening to music defos helps me study too. Music really helps me separate my mind and helps focus. But i feel as though im only able to listen to music while grinding through questions like specifcally mathematical ones(even some chem and phys ones). When it comes to english my brain cant process both the music and reading/writing essays at the same time lol.
yea i cant study non math stuff with music, too much stuff to process but music helps so much with grinding maths

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Lol for me I can't have any extra sound, other than ambient noise from my siblings, or else I literally cannot think cause I have that lingering urge to just watch youtube.
fr, the worst moments in life have to be when you're doing a practice paper and your siblings decide to scream for no apparent reason

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)