Project Help (1 Viewer)

Morgues

Major project due next week........have done the major program and the online help but now much else......need help with the following

What sort of user documentation should I include?

How do I create an install file?

What else can I do to improve the whole presentation?

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
For user documentation I just went through my theory notes and included all the things there (most of the list that Bon included). We were also expected to include a tutorial, which I almost forgot.... but they're useful to show that you're thinking of the user.

Presentation of the program or the product? For the former, make sure that it's not hard to use - get your friends/family to beta-test it and tell you the little things they got annoyed with. For the latter, imitate some MS box which looks good without telling you anything useful about the product! ;)

Keep thinking 'user-friendly' and 'newbie' and you'll be set.

sunny

meh.
HSC
I made 3 tutorials using Hypercam.

It records a region of your visible desktop/windows as an AVI. So when I'm moving the mouse and performing actions in my program I'm adding a voice narrative to describe what I'm doing and then users can watch this video.

Otherwise a text based tutorial is just something that users can follow to complete a task. It should take the user from start to end describing each step and give sample data for the user to try out.

sunny

meh.
HSC
For the videos, I used Hypercam. www.hypercam.com. Where I needed to shuffle things around I used VirtualDub for the video and GoldWave for the audio.

The shareware adds watermarks to your AVIs. It would help if you know abit about video editing and compression, it can save you a headache.

For the text tutorial just a text editor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)