pros and cons of microeconomic reform (1 Viewer)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Here's a tip! Look in your textbook.

i-color

major pros of micro reform- improves dynamic, technical, allocative efficiency and also improves international competitiveness.

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Pros
Increases productive, dynamic, intertemporal and allocative efficiency.

Increases competition by exposing Australian firms to international markets through protection reduction and domestically through competition policy.

Providing ‘cash up’ incentives to Australian firms ‘to adopt worlds best practices’

Cons
Resistance from industry and interest groups even if reform was of national economic interest.

Consumers of public sector provided services are often the last to be given a hearing in public debates.

Difficult trade-offs between short-term macroeconomic costs and the long-term microeconomic benefits.

well taht was my answer, i had to hand in the question last week it was for a General education course at uni but thanks for any help that was given.

nesstar

Another major disadvantage of microreform is short term structural unemployment in those industries that are most inefficient (even though the improvements in efficiency across the board will lead to better employment opportunities in the future)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)