Psy306 (1 Viewer)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Just wanted to start a second thread so we look a bit cooler than we actually are!

So, I know Jamie is doing this with me - are you Anne?

We're supposed to read up to Chapter 4 for first week, but its all such boring introductory crap. Its easy to read, but its almost too easy, like you're not really learning much.

So far I know that the word "hysteria" comes from the Egyptian word for uterus (hysteron), and they thought that hysteria was caused by the uterus moving from the vaginal area to other parts of the female body. The treatment was marriage (!) or fumigation of the vagina, so the uterus would return to the correct area of the body... It also explains why they thought that hysteria was a female disorder until the 1970s'...

Ta da! :D

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, really?

Oh man, thats class

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
MaryJane said:
Just wanted to start a second thread so we look a bit cooler than we actually are!

So, I know Jamie is doing this with me - are you Anne?

We're supposed to read up to Chapter 4 for first week, but its all such boring introductory crap. Its easy to read, but its almost too easy, like you're not really learning much.

So far I know that the word "hysteria" comes from the Egyptian word for uterus (hysteron), and they thought that hysteria was caused by the uterus moving from the vaginal area to other parts of the female body. The treatment was marriage (!) or fumigation of the vagina, so the uterus would return to the correct area of the body... It also explains why they thought that hysteria was a female disorder until the 1970s'...

Ta da! :D
Oh gosh how come i'm not doing this subject!! whats it called? psychopathology?

I wanna do it now, what else do you guys learn... oh to answer your question... i'm not doing it this sem.. im doing psy307 (organisational psychology) (soo many businessey people in it) is skittled doing it?

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
thats the type of info i want to know!! ide be the life of the party if i could regurgitate that stuff at getogethers lol

what other subjects are you doing ivy?

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Its a great, great unit!! I love it soooo much already!

The study guide outline of topics is great too - its like anxiety, schizophrenia, eating disorders, disorders in childhood, substance-related disorders, sexual disorders, somatoform and dissociative disorders. *drools*

I *love* this stuff, I've been waiting since first year to do it :D

I'm also doing social next semester... I might go back and do personality with an elective, but we'll see how it goes.

Steve is boring, he doesnt find this kinda stuff interesting, so he's going back and doing psych units so he can do honours (PSY240 & 241)... and he's doing social next semester too. And he's doing org psych next year (he's currently doing 5 units - crazy boy!)

What else are you doing Annie?

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
MaryJane said:
Its a great, great unit!! I love it soooo much already!

The study guide outline of topics is great too - its like anxiety, schizophrenia, eating disorders, disorders in childhood, substance-related disorders, sexual disorders, somatoform and dissociative disorders. *drools*

I *love* this stuff, I've been waiting since first year to do it :D

I'm also doing social next semester... I might go back and do personality with an elective, but we'll see how it goes.

Steve is boring, he doesnt find this kinda stuff interesting, so he's going back and doing psych units so he can do honours (PSY240 & 241)... and he's doing social next semester too. And he's doing org psych next year (he's currently doing 5 units - crazy boy!)

omg i wanna do it! i just thought oh shit this'll be hard coz i didn't really enjoy psy236 so yeah lol but if it covers all of that me wanna do it!! i'll choose it as my elective next year .

Also which social shall u be doing next sem?

theres a psy240 and 241? huh? how come they're not worked in my program? :( lol what are they anyway?

i wanna get into honours but i havnt done the right subjects n e way so yahh

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I'm doing PSY324 I think its called... "relationships" or something. It looks great too - I really enjoyed social last year :D

PSY240 and 241 are design units - like how to design your own study - and thats what the assessment is, your own study. it looks really interesting actually from that point of view, but I'm glad I'm not doing it because the report has to be on perception :( But it cycles every year, so it could be perception, social, cognition or development...

If you're not enrolled in the honours course by default, then you have to go back and do 240 and 241 (and now psy222) because they are pre-req's to honours. You only have to do them if you're in the honours course already... does that make sense? Its better if you're not in the honours course because the entry requirements arent as high or demanding: for a default honours student, the GPA entry is 3ish (or something) in all PSY units, but for those in a straight BA-Psych who want to do honours, the entry requirements is only a GPA of 2.5 across all PSY units. Its something like that, its in the handbook.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
MaryJane said:
lol this is a late reply ivy since its the end of the semester but its 3:20am and im on a break from listening to lectures

i'm doing
PSY307 (organisational psychology)- only business freaks will like this subject, its such a textbook subject, its not funny... some of the lectures don't even overalap/correspond to the textbook at all and from my experience and everyone elses' i've spoken to... all questions in the exams come from the textbook. So going to lectures or even listening to them is actually waste of time! which is very strange for a psyche subject.

PSY222- :( lol... its 3am! and im listening to lectures coz my exam is on monday, im screwed ... again... so im going hard.. im doped up on no doz, sugar free red bull and listening to 6 hours worth starting from 10pm and hopefully finishing by 5am! :D i have 2.5 hours left to go!

ACST101- screw this subject, this is the business crap EYE HATE! (because it involves calculators)

BBA207- i love bba subjects, so easy (but as stve's probably complained it is very airy fairy)... you could pass this subject going into the final blind and still pass. Peter is a great lecturer, very entertaining, who emphasises/shouts unnecessarily to get pplez attention (which i think is funny lol) oh and he sweats a lot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)