• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

PSYCH1002 Chat thread (1 Viewer)

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
omg i so come up with the best ideas ever.

Since like a few people do psych1002 on BOS let's have our own thread!!!

so...how's is everyone enjoying the unit?????????????

has everyone done all their experiment hours??? i have, yay.

which tute experiment did everyone do for their lab report? My tute did the one on learned helplessness (the one with anagrams). I haven't bothered to download or look through the info on it posted on WebCT though, i might tomorrow.

awesome.

Last edited:

veridis

droog
HSC
hhhmm i just remembered to do the quiz
maybe this thread isnt as useless as i first thought
1002 isnt as good as 1001. the thursday dude is cool but the other two are a real test. tutes seem to drag more too

HSC
N/A
Lol Chris. I've done 2 hours of exp. I strongly recommend doing the wine tasting exp to those who still need cp. I also like to add that my tutor is awesome. I agree with veridis, I reckon 1001 was more interesting.

helmut

HSC
EXPERIMENT 1 [attention capture]

i've lost my notes i made during the tute where we interpretted all the data. honestly. and now i can't remember what the main conclusion was. and i don't understand the results. are people saying the colour out did set-size as a distractant... but they were both distractants never the less?

if anyone is bored and wanting to clarrify for themselves what they are thinking, does anyone wish to enlighten me? i tried reading through posts on webct but they confuse me.

yes?

manifestation

What?!
HSC
YES! What the hell 65%! That's so scream worthy! OMG!...and yeah end rant here lol...

I got a credit for the psyc report which i was so happy with cause I thought I was gonna fail.
I'm doing psyc 1001 in summer school (coz i didn't do it in sem 1) anyone else doing it???

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
my friends doing psych1001 1st sem next year. I might go to a few of lisa zadros lectures with her, they are so entertaining <3.

i got 71 for my lab report. im happy with it. I fucked up with interpreting the P-Values though.

Libbster

HSC
i got a hd for my psyc report. :eek: not bad for writing it at 2.30am the morning it was due.

HSC
N/A
Libbster said:
i got a hd for my psyc report. :eek: not bad for writing it at 2.30am the morning it was due.
Haha, doesn't pretty much everyone do it the night before? I got 84 and I'm really happy with that but........I don't deserve it. My tutor told us he had a few glasses of wine while marking our reports :S.

65% for the final exam is a huge weighting!! I'm starting to freak out because I have no idea how to study for it. Nothing I try to learn for psych sticks in my head...there's just so much to know.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
awww polly don't worry you will do fabulously well.

remember that site i gave you last semester from UWS psych???

use that!!! it has additional MC questions and interactive exercises etc. Good site.

If you need the link again come on msn and ill give u it! :D

HSC
N/A
hiphophooray123 said:
awww polly don't worry you will do fabulously well.

remember that site i gave you last semester from UWS psych???

use that!!! it has additional MC questions and interactive exercises etc. Good site.

If you need the link again come on msn and ill give u it! :D
Aww thanks Chris! I think I've still got it. Yeah, I like online type learning material, like the pre-tute webct exercises.

gemmal

HSC
I'm thinking of doing Psych1001 and 1002 next year. How did people find it, what was the course like? Just anything info would be nice.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
very interesting, fun. Alot of content though, be prepared to do alot of study if you want to do well in these units. Some of the lecturers are really great and funny, some are really boring.

gemmal

HSC
hiphophooray123 said:
very interesting, fun. Alot of content though, be prepared to do alot of study if you want to do well in these units. Some of the lecturers are really great and funny, some are really boring.
Thanks hiphophooray123 for replying. iIm just kinda wandering around in subject selection land. I don't really have an idea of what I want to do, but I've always been interesting in psych, and it seems to offer the broadest job options at the end under a bachelor of science degree.

Any more info or anything else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)