Public Transport (1 Viewer)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Every time I pick up the paper there is something about encouraging people to take public transport instead of driving or increasing public transport systems instead of improving roads. This would make sense if public transport in Sydney wasn't so bad and didn't cost as much as it does. Until we actually have a reliable and affordable public transport system more people are not going to start using it.

There must be some fantasy world where these people who are constantly talking up public transport live where the trains and buses run on time and it doesn't cost $15 dollars return to go somewhere.

Petrol prices are bad, but the alternative is much worse. Until we have an efficient public transport system people need to shut up about how we should all use it.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Well if bob the builder stopped spending money of new road infrastructure projects and spent the billions instead on Public transport, it would be alot better seervice and people would start using it.

It seems bob hates public transport......maybe why his name is carr.

Rorix

HSC
I take public transport to and from university 4 days a week. I have no complaints about the system.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Every time I pick up the paper there is something about encouraging people to take public transport instead of driving or increasing public transport systems instead of improving roads. This would make sense if public transport in Sydney wasn't so bad and didn't cost as much as it does. Until we actually have a reliable and affordable public transport system more people are not going to start using it.

There must be some fantasy world where these people who are constantly talking up public transport live where the trains and buses run on time and it doesn't cost $15 dollars return to go somewhere.

Petrol prices are bad, but the alternative is much worse. Until we have an efficient public transport system people need to shut up about how we should all use it.
Agreed, they should increase funding to public transport so that they are on time, not an hour apart, and cheaper, they also need to enforce upon private bus companies the same guidlines that Sydney Buses have, in that they accept a uni card as concession validation

OS

Banned
HSC
Deus said:
Well if bob the builder stopped spending money of new road infrastructure projects and spent the billions instead on Public transport, it would be alot better seervice and people would start using it.

It seems bob hates public transport......maybe why his name is carr.
''Carr'' an ironic name - he has never learnt to drive a car and is driven everywhere he needs to go!!!!

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
*cries
i had a bad train ride today
it was so full i had to cram in the corner standing up
and this old gronky man cornered me..with one hand on each wall..
i was literally cornered..he had his littl old man push basket thingy and he smelt funny and looked like he was going to attack me or like touch me..ewww
i couldnt take it ..so i got off at the next stop(westmead) and got onto the next carriage str8 away..where luckily i got to stand up but no one was within my personal space...
neways...thne i had a bumb come up to me when i was sitting on the train and he held a $2 coin
he was like.."u have one like this"?.."U HAVE ONE LIKE THIS"?
i was like sorry i have no spare change
a girl saw him approach me and she freaked out and ran away hahahahahaha
neways..i cant stand creepy train ppl and bumbs and hobos and ticket inspecters scare me..
i lost my ticket and 2 inspecters asked to see it
i eventually found it after 10 minutes of raiding my bag..
and i nearly got a fine for having a student ticket without my student card..:(
neways..id like to catch public transport more often..
with the exception of weird people that i always manage to have an encounter with

tempco

HSC
well think about it this way. japans train system is awesome, but they had a crash recently because theyre electronic automatic braking system (which was old by japans standards) failed on them when the driver was speeding (he was 1 minute late).

im happy with the actual trains, but if they were on time more often, itd be dandy.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Rorix said:
I take public transport to and from university 4 days a week. I have no complaints about the system.
The first month of uni I caught public transport. The train was between 5 and 30 minutes late every day. And it only cost me $6.00 cause I am a student, but without my concession card it would be $12 return and its cheaper to drive.

ohne

HSC
I wouldn't exactly interpret signals from the government as encouraging public transport. Building things like cross city tunnels M7s and (supposedly) now an F6 is not exactly policy that encourages public transport.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
People lets face it. We experienced superb and unbelievable public transport during the Olympics. It showed us a glimmer of hope but now the government isn't trying to impress the rest of the world so we have to put up with third best (I was going to say second best but really I'm sure public transport was more effective before the Olympics then now).

mahuligan

HSC
the pricing is ridiculous and the trains are late every other day, especially on weekends or during the middle of the day
the sydney buses i catch are so shifty..like the bus drivers skip stops on purpose and theyre late pretty often
heaps of trains smell like piss...honestly no joke! but i suppose the crazy hobos should be blamed for that..

i catch the train every day to school (i go from auburn to penrith) and im always scared one day theyll be late or something and ill miss the 9am deadline for an assessment...this has already happenned to me twice but luckily i made it just five minutes after nine so the teacher still let me hand it in.
i suppose i cant really bag it coz its the only public transport we have...*sigh*

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
mahuligan said:
the pricing is ridiculous and the trains are late every other day, especially on weekends or during the middle of the day
the sydney buses i catch are so shifty..like the bus drivers skip stops on purpose and theyre late pretty often
heaps of trains smell like piss...honestly no joke! but i suppose the crazy hobos should be blamed for that..

i catch the train every day to school (i go from auburn to penrith) and im always scared one day theyll be late or something and ill miss the 9am deadline for an assessment...this has already happenned to me twice but luckily i made it just five minutes after nine so the teacher still let me hand it in.
i suppose i cant really bag it coz its the only public transport we have...*sigh*
The answer is to get up earlier and take earlier transport if that is possible

iamsickofyear12

HSC
mahuligan said:
I caught the train to and from school from years 4 - 12 between sutherland and town hall. Towards the end of year 12 trains were late on average 3 times a week both ways. When I had to hand in assessments I caught a train that would get me to school at an hour earlier than usual and made sure I had enough money for a taxi if there was a really big screw up.

But I have no sympathy for people who catch a train or bus to school that gets them there 5 minutes before school starts. School for me would start at 8.35, and 90% of people would turn up between 8.30 and 8.35 because people would do anything to avoid being early.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i dont ride the train, so cant comment.

have always been happy with ferries

however busses piss me off sometimes, they're either late or even more annoying, EARLY, i hate that!

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
townie said:
i dont ride the train, so cant comment.

have always been happy with ferries

however busses piss me off sometimes, they're either late or even more annoying, EARLY, i hate that!
Yeah I know buses are bad as, I dont use trains either

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
mahuligan said:

I know how you feel. I can sometimes barely make it to a 9am lecture. And before anyone says go and catch an earlier train - I am on a 7am train from Strathfield - and a train at 6am from where I live. Yes, believe it or not, I struggle to make a 9am lecture, cause I have to go to Richmond for uni. And earlier trains on that line really don't exist!

If they didn't run so late and they put another train line through to Richmond, instead of having one track - it would be great. Prices aren't that bad - $27 a week and I can travel anywhere on buses, trains and ferries.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Cape said:
I know how you feel. I can sometimes barely make it to a 9am lecture. And before anyone says go and catch an earlier train - I am on a 7am train from Strathfield - and a train at 6am from where I live. Yes, believe it or not, I struggle to make a 9am lecture, cause I have to go to Richmond for uni. And earlier trains on that line really don't exist!

If they didn't run so late and they put another train line through to Richmond, instead of having one track - it would be great. Prices aren't that bad - $27 a week and I can travel anywhere on buses, trains and ferries.
Why not move closer OR get a car

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Korn said:
Why not move closer OR get a car
I can't afford to move. Plus I know people who travel from Hurstville to Richmond for uni. Also, I don't want to drive. I'm usually so tired to drive. And I'd still have to leave at about 7am if I drive. Plus I don't have my P's :p

tempco

HSC
townie said:
i know! that just screws you over :chainsaw:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)