Pure Pwnage (1 Viewer)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I'm loving this.

http://www.purepwnage.com/

My roommate Jeremy is a "pro gamer". If you play video games, you have probably been pwned by him. Jeremy finds that being a pro gamer is often a challenge since his talents are rarely appreciated. I started making videos about Jeremy and people started emailing us saying "OMFG U PWN ROLFOLOL!!1". I'm in film school so I decided to make this show about him.

-Kyle
Perhaps not one for the dialup-ers, but it's worth the download.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I've watched them all now. Excited about what happens next.

FPS Doug does the best FPS impersination.

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
Hmm was pretty lame. I expected better, especially since I've already seen other movies in the same genre.

And wtf "pwn" isn't pronounced "own", it's pronounced "pooned" you noobs!

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
no its pronounced "own" pronouncing it "pooned" was a joke so that the uninitiated try hard computer geeks try and start a conversation on the street and say "pooned" the o was originally replaced with a p to give it more effect as the letter p is bigger than the letter o...

edit: that said, seen as i have demonstrated my nerdyness can i join the ascii alliance?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Serius said:
no its pronounced "own" pronouncing it "pooned" was a joke so that the uninitiated try hard computer geeks try and start a conversation on the street and say "pooned" the o was originally replaced with a p to give it more effect as the letter p is bigger than the letter o...

edit: that said, seen as i have demonstrated my nerdyness can i join the ascii alliance?
It's actually debatable where it came from. One of the more believable theories is that it came from some game I forgot the name of where if you win it says "YOU PWNED THE ENEMY" because of a typo.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
2. pwned
Unlike the other people who have posted definitions that are ridiculous, do not have substantial backing, or are simply mis-informed, I will give the complete definition of what "pwned" means.

1. The origins of "pwned" are debated but there are two possible sources:
a. A prominent quake player mis spelled "owned" and the new word "pwned" was adopted by people who thought it was "1337".
b. A warcraft map designer misspelled "owned" and thus people started using "pwned" instead.

The definitions are as follows:
In video games:
1. Completely annihilated or dominated.
2. Perfectly owned, meaning the other player did not do any damage.
I pwned your head with my awp.

OR

I just pwned your ass noob!
Source: jack, Nov 17, 2003

damn i love urban dictionary

HSC
i love purepwnage...so funny...

ive bin following it for a while...ne1 know when ep7 comes out? I liked the episode with the master and the keyboard fight: "Micro Style! Console Style! Arcade Style!"

and if ive sed it once, ive sed it 1000 times, MMORPG's are an addiction trap to ANY gamer....

Harlequin

wanton-wonton

HSC
Serius said:
No you idiot, p was chosen to mock the people who couldn't type for shit. It was a common typo where people type pwn isntead of own since the p is right next to the o in the modern QWERTY keyboard.

Similarly, teh replaced the in geek language since it was a common typo.

TimeAndTide

Kage Bunshin No Jutsu
HSC
wanton-wonton said:
No you idiot, p was chosen to mock the people who couldn't type for shit. It was a common typo where people type pwn isntead of own since the p is right next to the o in the modern QWERTY keyboard.

Similarly, teh replaced the in geek language since it was a common typo.
No it wasn't. People thought 'pwn' had more effect than 'own' so everyone started using it. They just thought it was cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)