Putting the debate over question 19 to rest (1 Viewer)

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
LOL, have they reached a conclusion on that tort/contract question, or are they still debatin

avazzi21

anti discrimination act is what actually faciltates unfair dismissal laws, thus though they are both relevant it is the unfair dismissal laws which protect workers in this case as it provides redress, thnk of it like this... if we did not have unfair dismissal laws you couldn't really do anything to stop employers dismissing on the basis of physical disabilty etc, as although anti discrimination laws would make it illegal there would be no way to punish employers, or get the workers job reinstated, thus workers are only protected with unfair dismissal laws in place.

Realy though it could be marked either, as long as the bos is designing the papers and marking

nerdd

guys how can you all be bothered to debate this still?!
gard it's over!
who cares!!!

sirius_g

HSC
retract previous reply

19. Which of the following legal aspects of employment designed to protect an employee from being dismissed due to a physical disability.
(A) Unfair dismissal
(B)Anti-discrimination
(C)Equal Employment Opportunity
(D)Occupational Health and Safety

Firstly the question states choosing a legal aspect rather than a specific legislation( eg could possibly be Unfair Dismissal, even though the relevant legislation is Workplace Relations Act 1996 (fed)

However, my choice in the exam was b) the question states to protect an employee from being dismissed due to a physical disability. What I original read from this question, is that the employee has not been dismissed (therefore could not possibly be undair dismissal) The Anti-discrimination laws ( legal aspects) are in place, to prevent discrimination against a person with a physical disability in this case termination of employment.
If the question had been an employee has been dismissed due to a physical disability it would make it unfair dismissal. So what I'm trying to say is that I retract my previous statement and am pretty sure that the correct answer is b)

Since I doubt this will help solve the debate, I suggest everyone stress less, and wait till dec 18th. Actually I'm more worried about the debt to equity question then this one.

goodluck

hope you all too well!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)