Q. about assessments in single person classes (1 Viewer)

N

ND

I am the only person in my 4u class, and i am wondering what happens with the assessment marks. Are they completely disregarded since there are no others in my class?
Thanks.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
i think they would be, so you can do brilliantly or poorly and it still wouldnt affect to ...

but i think if you had a misadventure it might ...

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by ND
I am the only person in my 4u class, and i am wondering what happens with the assessment marks. Are they completely disregarded since there are no others in my class?
Thanks.
This year I was in a single person class, but yeah, your assessment mark will essentially be the same as your course mark in the HSC exam. Your assessment's don't really mean that much, only a guide as to how you are going.

I just made sure I did well in the HSC exam (even though I think I will only get 78% which isn't that good).

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Your live in Coffs Harbour ND, same as me, I just noticed. What school you attend?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Re: Q. about assessments in single person classes

Originally posted by Ultimate
I just made sure I did well in the HSC exam (even though I think I will only get 78% which isn't that good).
If ur talking bout raw exam mark, then ok, but if ur talking bout aligned exam mark (the mark we see), then there's no way of really guessing it...there are a whole set of factors such as canditure ability and the determination of cutoff marks for different bands..
a raw of 78 would fair pretty well after alignment

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
I'm talking about 78% raw mark, should get aligned to about 95 or 96, not sure.

People who I knew last year that did 4 unit reckoned they only got 50-60% raw mark and still got an aliigned mark of 90.

Another reckoned he got 60-70% and got 93 as an aligned mark

N

ND

Your live in Coffs Harbour ND, same as me, I just noticed. What school you attend?
I go to Orara (no wonder i'm the only one in the 4u class eh?), i considered changing to BDC or JPC for yr12, but i didn't want to leave my friends, and i live close to orara. Also, i like being first in all of my classes ;) :D.
Which school did you go to?

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by ND

I go to Orara (no wonder i'm the only one in the 4u class eh?), i considered changing to BDC or JPC for yr12, but i didn't want to leave my friends, and i live close to orara. Also, i like being first in all of my classes ;) :D.
Which school did you go to?
I go to (went) to Bishop Druit College, and was the only person for 4 unit maths. It's actually better than having anyone else there I reckon. You are your own class.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I'm talking about 78% raw mark, should get aligned to about 95 or 96, not sure.

People who I knew last year that did 4 unit reckoned they only got 50-60% raw mark and still got an aliigned mark of 90.

Another reckoned he got 60-70% and got 93 as an aligned mark
i reckon 50% would give a hsc mark of 90

and 75% would give 95

and 100% would give 100

N

ND

I go to (went) to Bishop Druit College, and was the only person for 4 unit maths. It's actually better than having anyone else there I reckon. You are your own class.
Really? i expected BDC to have a large 4u class considering their results from last year. I agree about being in your own class, but i would prefer two, so you can have direct competition. Although i can see how i'm doing because my teacher uses the same assessment paper every year, so i can compare to the others (he uses it every year for this reason, and not because he is lazy, or so he says ;) ).

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by ND

Really? i expected BDC to have a large 4u class considering their results from last year. I agree about being in your own class, but i would prefer two, so you can have direct competition. Although i can see how i'm doing because my teacher uses the same assessment paper every year, so i can compare to the others (he uses it every year for this reason, and not because he is lazy, or so he says ;) ).
Yeah last year there were 2 BDC students who did 4 unit, and this year I was the only one. The teacher I had wasn't officially qualified for 4 unit, so I had to complete the course myself. All he did was cut and paste exam questions from various trial papers.

I asked anyone if they wanted to take on 4 unit, but everyone said they didn't want, and from my assessment, none of the students this year were anywhere near up to it.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Bishop Druitt College won't go as well this year.The students this year are no where near as good as last years. I mean there will be some top marks but on average the school will be lucky to get 4 people over a UAI of 90 (myself included)

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Bishop Druitt College won't go as well this year.The students this year are no where near as good as last years. I mean there will be some top marks but on average the school will be lucky to get 4 people over a UAI of 90 (myself included)
and cause some of the smart people changed schools

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by jessika

and cause some of the smart people changed schools
That's also true, but there was really only one or two smart people who left and I was better than them

jessika

law chicky
HSC
who were the people that left?

did BDC have a graduation thing last night? a whole of them came in with folders, and they were all happy and stuff.

oh and btw, my school is going to kick arse this year UAI wise. yay.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
who were the people that left?

did BDC have a graduation thing last night? a whole of them came in with folders, and they were all happy and stuff.

oh and btw, my school is going to kick arse this year UAI wise. yay.
umm only one smart person left and that was tim swan and he went to chec. The others were dumb and also went to chec.

Yes, BDC had the presentation night (last night) and there was a party afterwards which I attended. The folders were the school references for year 12 students. Were you there?

Umm, your school will probably kick BDC's arse in general, but no one their is going to kick my arse, cos I'll probably get the top UAI, and dux for my school. I'm predicting a UAI of 99.5 + with my miniumum set at 98 or 99. I'll snap the students down at your schol in the UAI hahaha

jessika

law chicky
HSC

umm only one smart person left and that was tim swan and he went to chec. The others were dumb and also went to chec.

Yes, BDC had the presentation night (last night) and there was a party afterwards which I attended. The folders were the school references for year 12 students. Were you there?

Umm, your school will probably kick BDC's arse in general, but no one their is going to kick my arse, cos I'll probably get the top UAI, and dux for my school. I'm predicting a UAI of 99.5 + with my miniumum set at 98 or 99. I'll snap the students down at your schol in the UAI hahaha
I know Tim!!! you sure your going to beat him? hes really smart.
I wasn't at the party, I was at work, and everyone walked in at about 9.30-10 ish, and Im like nooooooooo! I want to go home.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC

I know Tim!!! you sure your going to beat him? hes really smart.
I wasn't at the party, I was at work, and everyone walked in at about 9.30-10 ish, and Im like nooooooooo! I want to go home.
yeah I reckon I can beat Tim -I always shutted him down in maths when he was at BDC. He didn't do 4 unit maths did he? What subjects did he do?

The party was pretty good, I stayed the night there, cos I drank too many beers.

You don't happen to be an ex-BDC student do you?

jessika

law chicky
HSC

yeah I reckon I can beat Tim -I always shutted him down in maths when he was at BDC. He didn't do 4 unit maths did he? What subjects did he do?

The party was pretty good, I stayed the night there, cos I drank too many beers.

You don't happen to be an ex-BDC student do you?
yeah he did 4-unit maths, and he is heaps good at it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)